Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Heaven on earth
Avaliou em 31 de Agosto de 2021
I reviewed this hotel in 2017. Since then I have been back twice, with family and my very positive comments stand. The only change is that everyone has had to deal with Covid, and the Castello del Sole has risen to the challenge. One feels perfectly safe, while at the same time not restricted. The size of the hotel, grounds and restaurant mean that it is easy to distance. A joy to visit, great whether you want to do sport (tennis, golf and cycling available) or simply relax by the pool or the lake. Excellent facilities for children. I'm looking forward to my next visit - but will need to save, this excellence costs serious money!
A place to unwind...
Avaliou em 9 de Agosto de 2021
It is definetely the right place to unwind and chill. I liked the entrance and all surroundings and big spaces are trully great. The staff was really attentive and even Chef came very friendly to wish us a nice lunch, which we had at terrace the self-service bbq à la minute-style with plenty of choices including desserts!
We really enjoyed the experience from start visiting their gardens under the sun together with a digestive down their "beach" to finish.
Beautiful, but for the price, we expected excellence in all aspects.
Avaliou em 2 de Abril de 2021
We stayed 5 nights to get a well deserved COVID break. We felt totally safe, as hygiene measures are very well respected. Staff are often tested and they have a watchful eye on the guests.
The location can’t be better and the open spaces and gardens are breathtaking. Food is amazingly good and there are lots of activities to have your day busy.
A special mention to the excellent service offered by Salvatore, Martino and Samuele.
It’s a very pricey hotel and therefore you expect excellence in all aspects. We were somehow disappointed due to the following:
- The air conditioner of our newly refurbished room wasn’t working and it was particularly warm this week.
- They tried fixing it, but didn’t manage and and we were told to sleep with the windows opened. It wouldn’t have been an issue, but around 5-6 am the automatic and rather noisy water sprinklers woke us, same for the staff working by the terrace to prepare breakfast.
- Staff offered no solution so after 5 nights, we’re coming back more tired that at our arrival.
- About activities, we had a nasty surprise during check out as you actually have to pay extra for the tennis courts. This is unacceptable given the price of the hotel and we were not told beforehand. This is the first hotel (at any price range) that we’re asked to pay extra for the court.
- lack of flexibility from the receptionist. We booked a package (Demi pension) and one day, arriving late and exhausted from our outside activities, we would have preferred to eat at the room, but they wouldn’t accept unless paying full price dinner for the room service menu. So we had no choice but take a shower, get dressed and go to the restaurant.
As a summary, a 5 star superior hotel as this one can’t allow these deficiencies in service!!!!
Luxury at a cost, but lovely...
Avaliou em 26 de Outubro de 2020
Excellent hotel, great service and staff - and luckily we were in a modernised room (the older ones don't get great reviews). Lots to do with the kids, fabulous 24.5metre (annoyingly though not 25m!) swimming pool for me to train in, great spa, lovely food and lots of it homegrown, great tennis, really good all round and of course expensive to go with it. But worth it.
This is one of the best resorts that I have stayed at. The staff were very friendly and the service was outstanding!
Avaliou em 4 de Setembro de 2020
Seldom does one find a hotel or resort where the standard of service, food and attention to detail exceed expectation. Castello del Sole is extremely unique in this respect. I shall be returning with my wife and the first opportunity.