Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Nice hotel BUT needs a good clean.
Avaliou em 11 de Outubro de 2021
Booked this place as a means of getting around Chester for some sightseeing and a little night away.
- Great Location. The hotel is only around 5-10 mins walk away from the centre. Right next to the hotel is a lovely park which is great for families as it has a little playground and train plus plenty of squirrels!
- It has what you need. By this I mean, comes with towels, robes, slippers, fridge, iron, ironing board, TV with free view and complimentary drinks and shower gel etc. Shower was nice, powerful and a lovely size.
- Modern theme. Decorated well and is modern throughout with air con etc
- Cleanliness. This wasn't up to the standard of a hotel that charges over £100 a room on a Sunday night. Glasses/cups were still dirty after being washed (can tell they are put in a dishwasher but not checked before being put in the room). Chairs had dust and hairs over them, the blue one had a small stain at the top of it. Generally there were a few areas within the room that hadn't been checked for dust. With all that's happened due to Covid, I would expect a lot higher standards for a hotel chain such as this. I do wonder with a checkout of 12pm that staff get adequate time to clean the rooms?
- Grout in bathroom. I know grout can become black and discoloured over time however it looked as though the grout needs a good clean which was a put off.
- We were going to order room service until we found out they charge you £5 just to bring it up. Others may think this is good value, I however feel its a lot.
Overall, do I think the price paid is reasonable for what we got? Yes and No. It seems they sell themselves as a sort of premium service on a reasonable price tag however the lack of cleanliness would put me off in future. With that being said location is great and staff were friendly and helpful.
Avaliou em 6 de Outubro de 2021
Central hotel to the river, only 5 minutes walk to the start of the shopping district and from the station. Absolutely love this hotel, as a first timer. Room was spacious, large single beds with awesome mattresses. Room had everything; large multi channel tv, dressing gowns, slippers, air con, hairdryer, coffee bags, multitude of teas, fresh milk, incredible dual showers...but above all quirky decor that feels indulgent, not often seen in a reasonable priced hotel.
As with other reviews, they acknowledged a special occasion by handwriting a birthday card and, we got 2 free drinks of our choice brought to the room. This gesture was greatly appreciated and a hallmark of their customer service values; regardless of the free drinks. Having stayed last week in another hotel chain for a special occasion, were nothing was acknowledged - thank you Hotel Indigo staff. I will absolutely return
Overall - a good experience
Avaliou em 2 de Outubro de 2021
This was a pleasant stay with no real problems in a good location for visiting the tourist sites. The staff were helpful and the decor was very good although, like many boutique hotels in our experience, there was a bit of ‘style over substance’ in the room. There is not enough draw space for a longer stay (we were there 2 nights) and the tin bedside tables were noisy (having an old fashioned telephone on one left no room for anything else - I put it on the floor to make some space). Having said this - the room was good looking and we would certainly stay there again. The restaurant (reviewed elsewhere) was very good.
A Few Tweaks Needed
Avaliou em 29 de Setembro de 2021
This was my second time at Hotel Indigo Chester, and while there have been improvements it's fair to say some polishing off is needed.
The Forge restaurant was a welcome addition, the food offering last time was disappointing to say the least.
Having two mains not available out of the 7 was dismaying, I would also note that the Chicken had been substituted and not on the menu at all! No alternatives were offered for the two mains which had run out, I would argue that this is not befitting the ambitions of the restaurant.
The service staff were polite and professional, however some fundamental errors in service let them down. Firstly, you do not offer the cocktail trolley when guests are on their starter - a cocktail by definition is a fusion of alcohol and flavours and not suitable for the pallet during a first course. Secondly, it is a cardinal rule to polish service plates and not to present them with water marks as to deflect from the dish chef has just prepared!
For breakfast, the cooked element was much better than last time, however the service let them down. At this standard you should not run out of buffet items, guests should not have to find a server and ask for missing items. You clearly needed more servers at breakfast. Remember this is the last meal a guest will have at The Forge, get it wrong and all the hard work at dinner will be undone.
Overall a very good effort, however attention to detail will elevate you further.
Dirty glasses and mugs in room
Avaliou em 26 de Setembro de 2021
This hotel is in a good location for Chester centre, an easy 5 min walk to most attractions. It is modern, has a bar and restaurant.
Staff in reception and at the bar are particularly welcoming and friendly. The bar area is small but cosy with sofas and relaxing chairs. We did not eat in the restaurant or have breakfast. Breakfast is £15 and we thought there were too many other options to try locally (and cheaper).
Our room was a nice design but is quite small and there are no opening windows. The bathroom was lovely with a large walk in shower. Toiletries are minimal and not refilled.
Now for the negative, our stay was let down by the cleanliness in our room. Bathroom door had dirty marks on it and the bed headboard had greasy marks above the pillow (both cleaned by us).
The worse part was dirty glasses and mugs. On arrival I noticed lip marks on one glass, I gave the benefit of doubt and moved the glass to a desk so housekeeping would know it needed replacing. We then used the mugs several times for teas. When we returned after a day exploring, I was dismayed to see the glass had just been returned to its original location and NOT cleaned, still with lip marks in it. Our mugs had clearly not been washed- see pictures. Also a glass a had used for tea bags had not been cleaned, still showing tea marks on it, just turned upside down back in position.
We raised this with reception on checkout, we’re told they would bring this to the attention of the manager. We went out for the day and when we returned to collect our case no manager had bothered to leave a message or come to speak to us.
TIP! Check all mugs/glasses as you could be using someone else’s dirty ones.
We would not stay here again.