Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Avaliou em 14 de Agosto de 2021
Rough as guts! Needs some maintenance (quite a bit). Everything run down, does not look like the photos as advertised! Beware. Good location but that's about it.. Furniture very tired and unit not very clean. Not sure why I didn't read the bad reviews before booking.
Misleading website - don't be fooled! Read Trip Advisor reviews first! PLEASE!
Avaliou em 9 de Junho de 2021
Sadly looked at the Beachlife Apartment website and didn't investigate further through Trip Advisor. Just wanted to be by the ocean. Don't be fooled - this is not what it seems from their website!
The place needs a total revamp or alternatively a wrecking ball through it! No maintenance has been done on this complex for ever by the looks!!! We had to traipse up stairs (no lift) with heavy luggage and the place was dark and filthy. When we got into our unit, admittedly it was spacious but that was about it!
No-one was at reception and we had to call several times before anyone answered. It appears from other reviews that the staff are in hiding. (and we can understand why now!!) We were told we could use the laundry but had to get our own washing powder. One look at the laundry and the washing machines and we realised our clothes would definitely come out dirtier!
This apartment had a kitchen and when we tried to cook a meal there were very limited utensils and of really bad quality. The rangehood looked unfinished (see photos) and when we went to use it, it tripped the fuse with a small explosion with a flash of light! We were so nervous about using it, we left the fuse unset!
The only positive we can come up with was that the bed was not too bad in terms of comfort, however we did not look at the condition of the mattress (and now are quite we didn't, as we've just read the other reviews of the disgusting state of the mattresses!) :( :(
There were so many issues I'll list them now:
- Cupboard and door handles nearly falling off.
- Kitchen tap loose and you needed two hands to hold it.
- Vertical blinds - broken, missing slats.
- No curtains - and the apartment was very cold.
- Heat pump - didn't work well. Didn't warm the apartment up. No heaters provided. Had a very cold night!
- Heat pump motor very noisy. Going off and on all night next to the bedroom, but so cold we had to put up with the noise to get minimal heat from it.
- TV remote didn't work and could only get one channel.
- Couch incredibly uncomfortable.
- Window/door sills damaged and in bad need of repaint and repair (see photos).
- No snib on ranchslider so couldn't lock it. Had to use the key to lock ourselves in. NOT a good health & safety issue.
- Door from deck to outside hallway wouldn't close properly.
- Lots of light bulbs missing and those that were there were very dim and various tones and colours!
- Absolutely no instructions anywhere for anything.... including TV/DVD player/DISH TV/ heat pump or general info and contact details you normally get in a hotel/apartment situation.
- Power point in kitchen didn't work.
- Facecloths were very discoloured and stained. Looked dirty and soiled (see photo)
- Gouges and scratches throughout the apartment paintwork (see photos)
- Waste missing out of vanity.
- Shower handle so loose, that when you go to turn the shower on - it falls off!! (see photo)
- Bracket for shower rose not attached at the base, so swings around loosely! We became so scared to touch anything, as everything seemed to come away in your hands!!
- Shower window sill and corners in bathroom mouldy and hadn't been cleaned.
- The only knife in the kitchen was incredibly blunt and we had to use my husband's pocket knife to cut up the vegetables!
- coffee plunger didn't have a filter in it, so couldn't be used.
- Unit was not serviced even though it was advertised as a serviced apartment.
- Location was not as we had expected from the website - dilapidated houses all around, everything very depressing. Not a nice place to be.
- Were woken at 4:00am by the neighbouring chook, then at 5:00am and 6:00am! So no sleeping in!
- Very rundown shops close by so nowhere really of note to eat.
Definitely a shocker of a place to stay and not cheap either! Still kicking myself I didn't look through Trip Advisor first as there are so many nice places to stay in Christchurch, this place unfortunately would be the last one you would consider! Don't do it!!!
NICE MODERN APARTMENT
Avaliou em 12 de Fevereiro de 2021
These apartments are just across the road from North Beach Surf Club and the long stretch of beach.
Check in was easy with a helpful receptionist.
Our 2 bedroom unit was on the ground floor, was very clean, very spacious, very modern, nice furniture, comfortable bed and large curtained shower. There was a good size front deck and free parking outside the apartment.
Has air conditioning/heat pump and free WiFi.
No charge for the laundry, just need to supply your own washing powder.
Do Not Stay Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dirty rip-off Hell Hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avaliou em 3 de Janeiro de 2021
The worst place i have ever had the misfortune of staying at, zero should be an option for this kind of place !!!
Dirty, rundown, uncomfortable beds and seats, rubbish WiFi, an old TV that i had to re cable myself and then the remote was almost unusable!
Had to keep asking the idiotic staff (if you can ever find them!, as they hide away!), for tea/sugar/milk and they only gave you enough for a day at a time!
The kitchenware, towels etc were a joke! As well there is nothing in the way of shopping or entertainment in this area, its way down the road in New Brighton.
Don't stay here, its a total rip-off!
I was so relieved to leave after five days in their hell hole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BeachLife Apartments Christchurch
Avaliou em 10 de Novembro de 2020
The worst place we have ever been!!!
Discussing Apartment! Soo dirty, broken and smell of died /blood body
We stayed 4 nights and wasn’t any room service done, had no coffee, milk, sugar , was chasing them for ten clean towels and toilet paper, the reception was never open: supposed to call them at least 5 times to get a response
The shower was broken
The bed mattress was incredible dirty with urinated mattress
The electrical blanket was with damaged leads (!)
The pan fries really really old & without the lids!
. Unable to use the heat pump as it was very noisy. Couch uncomfortable. TV remote wasn't working meaning TV limited to one channel.the kitchen cupboard door handles were loose and nearly coming off. Cooking equipment the bare minimum and poor quality. The bathroom vanity doors were chipped and the shower door rubbers were falling away at the bottom.o. Towels and facecloths insufficient and the tea towel thin and small and the dish cloth small
When complained them about the above- they threatened me with the $2000 fine