Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Shabby, poorly maintained, atrocious Covid protocols, poorly managed.
Avaliou em 20 de Outubro de 2021
I experienced the most egregious noncompliance of Covid fundamentals in our recent stay there: zero masks worn by any staff members; a huge party/reception held at the bar with over 50 unmasked elderly folks in town for a high school reunion (very few were hotel guests); all hand sanitizer dispensers were empty at every location, clearly showing how little leader ship cared about helping out their guests. I complained to Hilton since I am a long-term user of this hotel chain. Unfortunately Hilton lazily passed me back to the general manager who responded with a hostile and defensive “letter of the law“ excuse for every one of my complaints stating that she was compliant with every local and state regulation (in Indiana apparently, there are none). The overall material condition and upkeep of this aging and shabby hotel also failed all of my usual expectations of the Hilton family brands. Even in a non-Covid environment the basic tenets of ServSafe protocols were completely absent from their breakfast service area, with the most conspicuous highlight: a giant 2 gallon open bowl of yogurt.
Recommend You avoid this poorly managed franchise and stay elsewhere if your travels bring you to Evansville.
Very comfortable bed and pillows! Beautiful view of lake
Avaliou em 2 de Outubro de 2021
The reason I picked the Hilton instead of another hotel was for the lake view, pool and hot tub although jets were not very strong, but hotel had a very comfortable mattress and pillows! Wish had gotten a free breakfast.
Avaliou em 24 de Setembro de 2021
We enjoyed our stay. Staff was friendly, very clean room, nice pool for kids, walking distance to restaurant, fridge in room. Beds were comfy and roomy. The view from the room was beautiful looking out over the pond!
A nightmare stay!!
Avaliou em 6 de Setembro de 2021
First I want to say that the GM emailed me and our stay had been refunded. However I’m posting about our experiences to caution others who may be considering a stay at this hotel. I have NEVER had an experience like this. The list below details the issues we had at the property during our stay on September 4-5.
1. The whole hotel has an odor when you enter like musty mildew or mold. It looks nice but it clearly an aging building that they’ve tried to redecorate. We began to notice lots of large water stains on the ceilings (lower floors) during our stay. Later in the evening my husband noticed water stains over the bed in our room as well.
2. We weren’t greeted when we arrived. While we were waiting to be helped by the young woman at the desk another customer grabbed chips and said add it to their room and she had to get help from someone else to do that. We still weren’t greeted or acknowledged while the two of them worked through the other customer’s issue.
3. No one asked for any ID throughout our entire check in process. I have never checked into a hotel and not been asked to provide ID.
4. We were asked to put our card in the reader without being given a total. When I asked she gave a number that was significantly higher than our total and when I asked why said there was an incidentals charge. That wasn’t on the website at any point in the reservation process nor was it mentioned when we called directly to see if there was a better way to book and ask other questions. We said no, we weren’t comfortable paying that and that we chose not to book with another hotel because it said they did that on the website. The young woman got the other woman who told us never to book with an online site and waived the incidental fee. She told us to hit the cancel button and remove our card from the reader.
5. While the second woman was discussing online booking with us, the first young woman was activating our key cards. She pushed them across the counter at us but didn’t direct us to our room or say anything. When I asked if we needed to do anything else since we hadn’t run the card or signed anything she just said it was taken care of. We did not put our card back in the machine again nor were we asked to.
6. We ALWAYS request in writing when making an online reservation that we would like an upper floor away from the pool. The room we were given was on the first floor DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE POOL!
7. When we went back to request a different room the first young woman began quickly typing on the computer and watching us while my husband explained that the room would not be satisfactory. Then she quickly went to the back office. The second woman said there was no note (leading us to believe that it may have been erased) but gave us a different room on a higher floor and a discount coupon for the restaurant next door. It seemed like an incredible coincidence that we got exactly what we had requested NOT to get.
8. Our room had a stronger smell of mold but it was one night and you got used to it after a while. I didn’t want to complain anymore. The room looked fine on the surface and seemed clean so that was a plus. Oh. Housekeeping is ONLY BY REQUEST AND NOT AVAILABLE ON LABOR DAY AT ALL. There were signs posted at the front desk and in the elevator. During our check out conversation I mentioned that I assumed this was a staffing issue but I was told that housekeeping was fully staffed.
9. The hotel charges an additional fee for breakfast (we passed on that) and based on our experience so far we were wary that they may try to nickel and dime us. There were 2 bottles of water (regular bottled water from the grocery) next to the coffee maker with a large tag that said thank you. On closer inspection, however, they were ONLY complimentary for rewards members - at specific levels of membership. For everyone else they were TWO DOLLARS PER BOTTLE! How much does someone have to spend with Hilton to earn their appreciation and 25 cents worth of water? And of course, there were no vending machines in the hotel, only their overpriced lobby shop.
10. Bedside light on my side of the bed didn’t work.
11. Bed is super firm. Fine for me because I like a firm bed. My husband thought the floor would have had more give. Pillows are those super fluffy ones that compress into nothing with any amount of pressure. Doubling it over again and again was the only way to get some semblance of support. Again, a preference issue.
12. We had planned to use the hot tub, it was one of the reasons we booked this hotel. When we looked at it, it seemed to have a dirty ring around the water line. So no hot tub for us.
13. The thermostat in our room (only way to control air) said low battery when we came back to our room around 10pm. We worried all night that it would go off and leave us without any air circulation.
14. At around 12:30 the fire alarm went off. We got dressed and kept trying to find out what was going on and were exiting the room when it stopped. It went off for about 5-7 minutes. My husband walked down the stairs to see what was going on. When he got downstairs the fire department still hadn’t arrived. There were no employees anywhere. The fire department arrived and couldn’t find any employees to tell them what was going on. The firemen made a comment about “there should be an intercom somewhere here” don’t know what that meant. They started checking each floor looking for any signs of fire or employees. My husband walked back up to the 3rd floor stopping to check each floor for signs of smoke or an employee but saw none of either. While I was standing in the hall waiting for him to come back several people were walking back and saying it was a false alarm. One lady in jeans a tshirt and a sweater told me it was okay and I told her I was waiting for my husband. She walked all the way down the hall. I wondered if she was an employee but she didn’t say she was or have a name badge or anything to ID her. The fire department came up around the same time as my husband came back. I heard them talking that they didn’t see anyone and didn’t know how long the alarm had gone off. Clearly they still hadn’t found any employees. On checkout they confirmed that the woman I saw was the sole employee on duty that night.
15. Obviously we were fully awake by this point and I began typing this list so that I would have it for the morning. While I was typing, my husband checked the air filter in our air unit. It clearly hadn’t been cleaned for some time. It was filthy and hadn’t been cleaned for months at least.
16. My husband (along with many many other guests) did not sleep the rest of the night. We were exhausted. Exhausted.
17. On closer inspection the following morning, we discovered that our room was dusty and not properly cleaned (thick layers of dust on the headboard, pictures, etc.)
18. When we went to check out there was no one at the desk. I waited a few minutes and asked the woman who was cleaning up from breakfast if there was anyone working the desk. She said she had just stepped away and would be back. I waited a bit longer and then the woman that I had asked (found out she was the food and beverage manager and was the only positive of our stay) went out to the outdoor seating area and called to a different young woman - who was in the outdoor smoking area and clearly in sight - to come take care of me.
19. When we started telling them about our experience the dark haired young woman said she had “called them about the leak in the hallway last week” It was actively leaking water and clearly visible. There was a mop bucket and several towels under the leak in the middle of the hallway.
We could not get out of this hotel fast enough. I will say that the food and beverage manager was wonderful, listened to all our issues, took responsibility for them, and immediately contacted the GM to share my list of experiences above. As I mentioned above our stay was fully refunded and the GM sent an apology in an email. Oddly, we received an email receipt that we were charged and then refunded for 2 bottles of water from our room (we went to the nearby Shell station to buy a couple of drinks rather than getting ANYTHING from the hotel - Big Daddy (according to his name tag) at the gas station was very nice.) I sent an email back to the GM thanking her for her prompt response and asking for an explanation about the charge and refund for the water. I got no response.
very nice stay
Avaliou em 1 de Setembro de 2021
was the first time we stayed at a garden inn it was very clean and the staff was very helpful and always pleasant pool was nice and the grounds are kept up nice quiet stay the pay as you go option is nice meaning if you want the breakfast you pay for it or if you want to go the bar for a night cap you pay for it i liked that