Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Avaliou em 14 de Outubro de 2021
I stayed in Ridley house it's so quiet and nice ambiance even if its a very small property. The front desk Kendra are so nice and very friendly and also Ana who prepare the breakfast! We're absolutely gonna stay again in this property. We really enjoyed our stay! Thank you
Could Have Been So Much Better
Avaliou em 9 de Agosto de 2021
The location of this hotel is superb. It’s near all the action, but not on Duval, which I liked.
They are not cleaning the rooms daily due to Covid, but this is okay because the staff is fantastic. Whenever we asked for blankets, toilet paper, or towels, they were on it. When we asked them to pick up the garbage or used towels, they did it right away. They really are lovely.
That said, the house is old, which can be charming. I mean, the property on the outside looks fantastic, but the inside leaves a lot to be desired. For instance, the rooms (we stayed in room 9) looked great online, but what you don’t see is that some of the rooms are on the 3rd floor. There is no elevator. To get to room 9, you need to walk up 2 long flights of stairs. We were not warned and there was no help with our luggage when we arrived. When we hit the third floor, it smelled like sewage in the hallway and stayed that way our entire 7 day, 6 night stay. We paid a lot of money to stay at this hotel and to be honest, I have never stayed at a hotel that smelled like sewage. That was extremely off-putting. This issue does need to be addressed.
Now, I need to say this because I think this hotel could really be amazing, but the bathroom needed to be renovated yesterday.
The bathrooms in hotels should always be spotless and modern. This is what separates a great hotel from an okay one. Our bathroom was not spotless. There was hair all over the bathroom floor. I know because I scrubbed it myself the day I arrived. You see, I brought my own cleaning supplies because of Covid and I’m glad I did. The grout in the bathroom was discolored in certain areas and there was dried grout stuck to top of the tile. Walking into a bathroom with all of that dried grout made the bathroom feel dirty. There were also stains on the wall that should be wiped off. In addition, the grout between the tiles in the bathtub/shower also needed scrubbing. Also, the bathroom door frame looked damaged, but was just painted over instead of repaired. It’s these details that need to be addressed if you want to get better reviews.
Some things to note:
• The windows are single pane. This means, you will hear everything including the motorcycles, conversations, and roosters at 5 a.m. daily.
• The front desk closes at 10 pm. So, if you need something after that time including check-in, you will have to call a number. The info is listed on the office door.
• The front desk will not pick up if you use the phone in your room. All you will get is a busy signal, but you will receive a text message from the staff when you arrive. It’s best to communicate with them through text.
• The pool is a lap pool, so if there are 4 or 5 people inside, it will seem packed.
• You must contact the front desk to get an iron and ironing board as they are not in the rooms.
• The television is not a smart TV, so you cannot watch your Prime, Netflix, or Hulu, etc. accounts.
• I know this is kinda old skool, but it would be awesome if the front desk carried stamps and took outgoing mail.
• Parking is across the street is a mess. Sometimes there is somebody there and sometimes there isn’t. We had to leave money in a drop box. It is an odd set up because we were charged a different price every day. One day we were charged $20 and the next day, it was $30. Then, later at night, the price was $15. Oh, and it’s cash only.
Some things the Ridley House could do better:
1. Leave a few garbage bags in the room for the duration of the stay.
2. Fix the plumbing
3. Renovate the bathrooms
4. New double pane windows throughout the house
5. Update all TV’s to Smart TV’s.
6. Sell stamps and offer to take outgoing mail from guests as a perk
7. Tell guests that you have no control over parking and that the price ranges from $15 to $30 daily.
8. Happy hour drinks by the pool
I really like the location of this place and it could really be amazing, but it does need more updates.
Perfect Stay, Perfect Location
Avaliou em 3 de Agosto de 2021
We stayed at the Kimpton Ridley House for 2 nights this past weekend (July 30 to August 1) and had a wonderful experience. Every single person at the front desk was welcoming and charming, check in was a breeze (even though we got delayed and showed up 30 mins after they were supposed to close, THANK YOU for waiting for us!) The room was a pure delight! Extremely clean and well maintained with a lovely Key West atmosphere. I'm not sure if it was because we just got off a three day charger with no AC and tinnny rooms, but it may have been the most comfortable bed I've ever laid in! The best part is how close it is to everything - a short block or two walk to the main marina and Duval Street - makes it incredibly convenient but tucked away enough you aren't bothered by the noise when you want to relax. All in all would highly recommend this little gem!
Perfect in all ways
Avaliou em 22 de Julho de 2021
So happy we chose this location. After staying in "corporate" hotels for the first part of our trip, which were nice, this was a perfect change for what we were looking.
Quaint is the feeling and Craig took great care of us over our three night stay.
We'd absolutely stay here again.
Not worth for the rent you may pay. I feel like wasted my money.
Avaliou em 19 de Julho de 2021
Good location, nothing else is good. Very old house, you may need to carry your luggage yourself to upstairs, no lifts, pool is a joke, so small, no in-house restaurant or bar. Breakfast area is pathetic. No in-room coffee maker or microwave. You have to walk to the breakfast area to heat up any or make your early morning Coffee. And :-( !!!! breakfast room opens at 8am only, there’s a back side opening though!, but it is a pain . Completely valueless for the amount you may pay. No parking, though there is a private parking available near by, which may get filled quickly on busy days. Not good toiletries, but large bathroom. You may see bugs and ants along the walkways, which I feel common in this area. Very noisy as the property is at a busy corner, you may hear vehicles honking at times. Nice balcony and good Front desk staff.
If you are an early morning coffee drinker, want to drink coffee in room directly from bed, better buy a camping self heating coffee can.
Net net, very difficult to recommend to anyone.