Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Clean and Pleasant
Avaliou em 25 de Fevereiro de 2018
This is a clean, pleasant hotel... once you gain access. We spent a great deal of time banging on the locked front gate before the proprietor’s dog alerted her to our presence. Our room was musty when we first entered, but it aired out quickly. The rooms we saw are basic, but with comfortable beds. The bathroom facilities are a bit less than basic. Our friends did not have hot water for the first 2 days, and the manager seemed to be in no hurry to fix it - they finally figured out themselves that they had to plug in an outside heater tank.
I very much enjoyed the plein-air breakfast area, where a daily selection of bread, pastries, fruit, excellent coffee, confture, etc was served.
The hotel is within walking distance to a beautiful but small beach (Petite Havre), which has limited safe swimming.
For us, the lodging seemed somewhat overpriced even by high season standards. If some of the service and maintenance issues were addressed and bathrooms were updated, the price might seem more in line with expectations.
Nice and cosy
Avaliou em 9 de Janeiro de 2014
Nice family hotel close to St. Anne. There's a local beach about five minutes walk.
The hotel breakfast by the pool was nice and light (jam and baguette with juice and coffee). The room was ok, but it would be nice if the bathroom in the room (the blue room with sea view) had walls all the way up to the ceiling (only went 3/4 up). The room has a small tv, but no english speaking channels. It has a nice big fridge. Internet did not work in the room, but the was a nice sitting area outside where it worked. Bring earplugs as there are birds "singing" all night.
The hostess did not really speak english, even though I have read it here that she did. But we managed.
Good value for the money.
Nice family run hotel near to St. Anne
Avaliou em 15 de Abril de 2013
If you prefer the small, family owned, "local like" hotels to the big resorts, you will like this place. First we found the room quite dodgy, but after a couple of days and after seeing some alternative resort type accomodations, we started to like it very much. Yes, you need a car, but you need a car anyway if you want to see a bit more from the island than the local beaches. However, the place is not that distant from everything as some reviewers suggest. by car, it is maximum a 5 minutes drive to St Anne, where you can find fantastic beaches and many bars/restaurants to eat/drink. Le Gosier is a bit further, but can be reached in 10-15 minutes. The accomodation is in a very quiet place, so if sleeping well is important for you, it is a really good location. Here is a list of pros and cons:
- The room is OK, though a bit dated
- Sea view (if you chose a room with sea view)
- Breakfast is a nice continental French type meal (very fresh and delicious croissante and baguette with some fruits, jam and butter plus coffee, tea). Don't expect English breakfast with bacon, egg, etc.
- Location: close to the local beach (5 minutes by walk) and short drive to St Anne.
- Calm and quiet location
- Bed is comfortable
- The really bad thing (for me at least) was that the wall between the bedroom and the bathroom (including toilet) was not completed from the bottom to the ceiling, there was a 50-100 cm gap missing from the top. Additionally, the bathroom door couldn't be closed comletely as there was no latch on it. So it is not nice for obvious reasons...
- The wooden beams holding the roof together poured some resin and it was quite disgusting when they dropped on the ground.
- It didn't really concern me, but others may have a problem with the fact that in the room we stayed, the WiFi was not working at all (probably due to the distance from the access point). As I didn't plan to be on the internet very much during my vacation, I didn't really care. However, if they say there is free WiFi in the room then let's provide that.
In summary, this is not a 5 star Sheraton hotel and it looks a bit dated with some inconveniences with the bathroom. However, it is in a good location with close proximity to the beach and also has some local charm that you start to appreciate when you see the resorts in other areas of the island. And the last point is that this accomodation is quite cheap compared to others on the island, so I think it is value for money.
Beware The Price
Avaliou em 24 de Janeiro de 2013
Yesterday I booked a nights accommodation at this hotel for July. The booking was made through easytobook.com. The rate was offered as 73euros payable at the hotel. I received a confirmation of the booking with the price as initially agreed.
This morning I received an e-mail from the hotel (In French) telling me that the rate I had agreed was only available on 4 night stays and that the price for a single night would be 99 euros. I have contacted easytobook.com and they are taking it up with the hotel. I have not yet heard the outcome but if the price remains at 99 euro's the booking will be cancelled.
I have never stayed at the hotel but this has not given me a favourable impression of the Cap Sud Caraibes.
Wonderful place to stay
Avaliou em 13 de Dezembro de 2012
This charming little family run hotel is a wonderful place to stay. It is near the beach and a short taxi ride to the community of St Anne.
Breakfast by the pool was a perfect way to start the day.
I would definately visit again!