Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Pleasant hotel but the quality of services decreases from year to year ...
Avaliou em 8 de Outubro de 2021
We have been regular customers of Neptune for almost 20 years; this summer we took advantage of our 10th stay at this hotel which we appreciate. The Neptune is a very nice hotel, probably one of the best on Kos Island. The facilities are beautiful, the gardens very well maintained, the renovated rooms, without being extraordinary, are modern and well equipped, the staff is generally professional and very friendly, there are various restaurants with varied specialties and of good quality (Greek restaurants, Mexican-grill, Italian and Asian). The beaches are well equipped but not as beautiful as they were a few years ago. Unfortunately, during our last 2 stays, we have noticed a significant drop in quality at the main restaurant, which is unfortunate for a hotel of this standard. Lack of variety in the dishes offered (an almost non-existent cold buffet, no quality preparation, no verrines, nothing original), a repetitive hot buffet and again, not enough variety of different dishes for a hotel of this size (more than 600 rooms), obvious lack of quality for some preparation, no show-cooking. Finally, the dessert reservation system by number is not suitable in a 5-star hotel, even due to Covid! And always for this restaurant, a real problem in terms of service where the servers are too few to perform a quality job. Let's finish with the fact that the furniture (tables and chairs) is getting old and should be replaced as soon as possible and we still regret that some very pleasant things have disappeared in recent years: no more bread rolls at the table, no more white tablecloths, no more small candle lamps, no more background music ... in short, it was much better before, a reaction is really needed as this restaurant no longer meets the category of the hotel. Fortunately, these problems are not found in other themed restaurants. Room cleaning is also affected by this drop in quality: we forget to put back towels or other bathroom accessories (handkerchief, shower product, etc.) and the cleanliness is not perfect. However, the Neptune remains a very pleasant place to rest and take advantage of the site's many facilities. We may come back, but other hotels in Kos seem to have more quality and better services today, for example the IKOS ARIA in Kefalos.
large resort for sports lovers
Avaliou em 16 de Setembro de 2021
the resort has everything that sports lovers or families might want. Great location near the sea, all the needed for your physical activities, including a 50m swimming pool! GREAT place to be if you have the small ones with you, they will surely be feeleing entertained and loved by the Neptune animators crew.
Food - good, but because of the Covid, the breakfast is served, which is a bit of a mess specially if you like to pick your food yourself.
Otherwise - great!
Nice hotel but you have to manage a few things
Avaliou em 16 de Agosto de 2021
It was the second time I stayed in the hotels. Mostly due to the fact that our friends were staying there a well. This time I decided not to take any risks with he room and booked the Superior Apartment 1 row (about 400 EUR per night) but it did not help much to relax, though I still enjoyed the vacation.
The pro and cons are below:
- The biggest hotel in Cos. 4 different pools + some for the small kids. Different restaurants
- Big kids club, but a bit boring this year. Staff was not that much motivated. They had a super guy - Rafael last year but has not let him work this year. Therefore we have learnt that there is another nice hotel nearby - Horizon where he worked :)
- Food is OK. Probably more than OK for German/Swiss folks. But you can't expect a super nice cuisine in Cos, anyway. The new Asian restaurant is nice.
- Many different activities, Yoga, dancing, gym, tennis, swimming lessons, some water-sport
Something to keep in mind (Cons):
- A bit noisy everywhere. Rooms are not soundproof. The restaurants and pubs are scattered around the territory of the hotel and they all play Music from time to time till late evening. My super apartment faced the one of those, so instead of waves I had to enjoy the pub for some time till I moved. Our friends with the small kid in even more expensive suite were not happy facing a swimming pool, as the kid could not sleep due to the swimming pool noise. If you want complete relax, be ready to pay 700+ per night. Also you may be not lucky to get a room near diesel generators that worked quite often during this hot season.
- No booking system for the restaurants with them being always full. So you need to manage in advance all your booking by going directly to each restaurant. A bit annoying for the guy who used to do everything online these days.
- We witnessed very unpleasant security incident on August 8th (Sunday) at lunchtime. The malfunctioning sail catamaran bumped into the middle of the heavily populated beach nearly hitting the heads of the swimming people there. That suggests the sails instructors in the hotel are very unprofessional. There was an empty beach 50 meters aside.
- very wide spread of the rooms types and prices, So if you want the basic room, then you may have a good option to stay in the 5 star hotel for the cheap price. But it is not worth paying 400 Euro per day for the expensive room as this looks overpriced for this hotel. I would prefer to stay in the hotel that does not have cheap rooms.
- At its full capacity it looks like that there are more people than the places for them at the swimming pools/sea and the restaurants. Last year with the reduced capacity it was more optimal.
Also keep in mind that July, August is the wind season in Cos. So you have to like waves in the sea.
So overall the hotel maybe a good choice for the budget customer and maybe if I am short of money I will come again but this time we paid total about 10K eur for the family of 3 and 17 days including the flight from Switzerland and the restaurants and I can's say if was fully worth it.
11 relaxing days during COVID-19 times
Avaliou em 10 de Agosto de 2021
We as a family staid 10 nights/11 days in the Neptune Hotels, just in a basic room.
Checkin was friendly but a bit chaotic; the registering process can be definitely improved.
Rooms are very clean and in perfect condition. Also the "older" rooms.
Food: The restaurants on site are great as well. Breakfast buffet is good& fresh, due to COVID everything is provided by the staff, no self service (we liked that a lot)
As we only had breakfast included we have been to all Restaurants more than twice however never to the night buffet which would cost us 140 Euro without any drinks. So you understand why we only went to the restaurants.....
So let's start with Umami: For us the no 1. Different dishes from Asia with a lot of flavor. Peking duck or beef Szechuan highly to recommend as well as the sushi rolls.
No 2: MEATing Grill restaurant: Burgers and the Tomahawk steak to share were fantastic. Also the sauces that are served with the meat were very good.
No 3: Taverna: very well as well; great greek specialities; only the Gyros have been a little bit dry.
No 4: Taverna: just ok: Meat dishes are very nice however Pizza and Pasta was blend. Compared to Umani the dishes lacking on flavor; maybe they can learn a bit from each other.
Beach: Nice beach and lot of umbrellas and Sun chairs available. Alway a possibility to get one (during our stay the hotel was 80 occupied). At the different pool areas the spaces got taken first what I personally do not understand when you have such a nice possibility to go swimming in the sea....
Staff: VERY FRIENDLY!!! And this is rare: from restaurant to lobby; there was not one person that was not super nice to us; we enjoyed that a lot.
Yes, we would go again and highly can recommend the hotel
Avaliou em 20 de Julho de 2021
The only word that comes to mind after spending 1 week at this hotel is- AMAZING.
I am not just speaking of the 5 pools- the incredible massage we got, the spacious setting and structure and the introduction to the cold baths for the legs - which I forgot how they are called (I think Kneipping)- yes those were amazing too.
but the most amazing for me was the PEOPLE at this hotel- our hosts- they were AMAZING- I cannot seem to write it big enough to give them credit for what kind of people they are- AUTHENTIC- HEARTFELT- kind, interested, pleasant- quick, - the list can go on and on but I do not think I would do them justice- they were all one of a kind- you can definitely see the culture of this hotel as being authentic in all respects to the hospitality industry- one of the most if not actually the most in absolute- best hotels we ever stayed in.
THANK YOU ALL for helping me wind down from the stress-
the tavern restaurant was memorable- as well as the day snack bar behind the volleyball beach court.
I will definitely go back there and re-enjoy my experience-
thank you again