Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Avaliou em 10 de Janeiro de 2018
This restaurant does not accept tastecard as per the advertisement.
Do not be ripped off .Will never use again.
Food average and better offerings in the village at a better price.
When I went to pay the bill the manager changed the discount because they had "many customers using tastecard"
A tale of two floors.
Avaliou em 10 de Outubro de 2017
Oh my, where to start.
I arrived and went in to the bar, Very nice landlord, and staff, and when I ate in the bar later, the food was delicious.
My room though was upstairs, and this was where the real story begins. I don't like writing complaining reviews, but do this hoping the owner will read it and take some steps to improve things that are desperately need of change.
Stand well back, this isn't going to be pretty.
1) The room looked like a throwback to the 1940's.
2) My bedside table was a fridge.
3) The fridge contained a pint of milk for tea making facilities. Although just about in date, when I opened it, it was badly off.
4) The room was freezing, and when the bathroom radiator attempted to get going, it had so much air in it, it was a wonder it didn't take off. I asked the manager to bleed it, but he couldn't, and switched it off instead,
5) The wifi dropped every two minutes.
6) The television was no bigger than my laptop screen.
7) There were two television controllers, neither of which had the least effect on the telly.
Pause for breath.
8) There was no bulb in the bedside lamp, so you had to get back up to turn the main light off.
9) In the morning I went down for breakfast only to find the pub locked. On going back up to my room, I found three small pastries and some cereal and orange juice in what can only be described as a cupboard room. This was never explained to me, was not at all what I expected, and I certainly wasn't risking any more milk.
Ironically after all that, I sleep better in cooler rooms. This one was so cold, I slept like a log, albeit still dressed in my shirt, pants, and socks.
I won't be returning any time soon.
Nice little pub
Avaliou em 24 de Agosto de 2017
A cute little pub with a nice atmosphere. I had the calamari which was lovely (bit strange with tartare sauce maybe?) then beef stroganoff. The beef was a tad try and some bits were tough, it was OK but I wouldn't have it again. I finished with the lemon cheesecake which was nice. Overall it was fine.
Not for the feint-hearted
Avaliou em 29 de Dezembro de 2016
Arrived 1630 on 18 December 2016, having booked for one night 4 weeks previously.
On arrival no record of our booking and had to wait at the bar whilst numerous phone calls were made to confirm our booking, 20 minutes later advised that they had a room for us. When we enquired what time the restaurant closed, advised in 10 minutes, also informed that the bar would be closing by 1900 at latest. The member of staff we spoke to gave us directions where we could eat, explaining that we would be the sole occupants for the night and that the place would be shut by the time we arrived back. The room was very basic and old-fashioned and although a radiator was on, the room was freezing cold.
Great food, Great service
Avaliou em 5 de Setembro de 2016
Really enjoyed my visit to the Derby Inn, the meal was of a very high standard and accompanied by some great service. Will be returning soon!!!! I have recommended to my friends and famly who I am sure will be visiting soon.