Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Nice location, however staff is lacking language skills and service orientation
Avaliou em 15 de Setembro de 2019
We have booked the Le Lodge Hotel over Secret Escapes for a small city trip (3 days) to Strasbourg. It was a confort room which included breakfast, a parking spot, a welcoming drink in the price.
Unfortunately, our hotel experience was not as pleasant as we expected. There are a lot of little things that need improvement.
As always the positives first:
+ The hotel is located near a tram station that drives directly to the city centre
+ A supermarket and a Lidl are 10 minutes by foot (in case you need water or snacks)
+ The room is air conditioned
+ The bed is comfortable
+ Housekeeping is excellent. Give those people a raise !
Now the negatives:
- A big no no is the fact that staff can't speak sufficiently English. I do not expect them to speak German since we are in France, however even the easiest conversation or question is hard to answer and staff is lacking vocabulary or doesn't understand anything at all.
- The Check-In was therefore somewhat poor. We did not get a description of breakfast times or any explanation of Check Out times etc... Even the voucher for the "welcoming drink" was only given to us after we asked for it... on the voucher it says " bon pour 1 cocktail" but do not expect to go to the bar and get one out of the cocktails list.. it is simply a home brewed mixture drink, which again the receptionist couldn't explain due to the language barrier... we passed on that and so we were offered just soda drinks.. this is simply not the description of a cocktail.. in the end we managed to convince him for a glass of wine..
- Upon arrival we wanted to put our valuables in the room safe... this one was locked so we went to reception and they came upstairs with a key.. luckily it was empty and we were told to lock with our code, however this did not work either, so the receptionist seriously without hesitation typed the general code for the safe (this is simply unprofessional and you never do that in front of guest) in the end we were told the safe does not work and he left... that's definitely not a 4 star service you want to experience. He did not bother to ask us if we wanted a different room.
-The room and the bed were all clean and tidy. The bathroom was also excellent. However our room had a bath tub, which could not even fit 1 adult... and such a small shower head which was ridiculous. The most annoying thing was that if your are taller than 180cm you need to bend to wash your hair because the shower tube is too short and once squished, the water stops... not comfortable at all..
- The next morning half of the room service breakfast was simply forgotten and we needed to ask for the remaining products ( we filled a paper at the reception simple, with crosses of what products we want to eat for breakfast) after 10 minutes room service arrived again and we could enjoy our breakfast in bed.
- The hotel offers a bar but as previously mentioned do not expect much - its more appearance than reality.. since we could not get a true cocktail as it was mentioned in our booking, we wanted a glass of wine.. the sad part here was that the bar does not really invite guests to take a drink there because all possible lights are switched off, music is off and it simply seems closed and not welcoming. However, according information it works every day until 1 a.m. - I would seriously rethink the concept applied here...
When not included in the booking - breakfast costs 14€ and parking 8€ per day.
All in all our city trip to Strasbourg was beautiful and we enjoyed the city, however the hotel, when you stay more than one night, definitely needs improvement in service and management.
GREAT LOCATION AND VERY GOOD HOTEL
Avaliou em 16 de Agosto de 2019
Two minutes to the Tram that takes you into the centre of Strasbourg, Le Lodge is in a great location The Hotel is also good value for money Room well equipped and clean plus the bonus of freeparking on site Breakfast fine.
Good hotel on the outskirts of Strasbourg
Avaliou em 9 de Agosto de 2018
Even tough a bit outside the city center, easy access to center with tram (15-20 min.). Very friendly staff, rooms clean and spacious. Shops nearby as well. Mid-price, definitely a place to consider if in Strasbourg.
A good Hotel on the outskirts of Strasbourg handy for tram to centre
Avaliou em 4 de Agosto de 2018
The hotel is clean and tidy and staff are very helpful. It is a modern hotel with excellent access via the city tram system into the centre. It takes about 10 minutes and costs about £1.00 each way. limited free parking is available at the rear of the hotel and there is a pay parking car park below the hotel. Rooms are clean, tidy and a decent size. A couple of downsides, breakfast is a little expensive and there is a definite wild animal theme to the hotel with a variety of photographs and including crocodile skin wall paper and a full Zebra skin hanging on the reception area wall. If you can get past this the hotel is great.
Avaliou em 22 de Junho de 2018
good quality hotel; location wise though, not so close to CoE premises, to where (unless you opt for taxi), you would need to take the tram nearby and then the bus 6, altogether ca 40 minutes.the side to the main road can be a bit noisy from the tram, but nothing to really bother; a small fridge would be nice too; I recommend it.