Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Profiting off the Pandemic - Copthorne Should be Ashamed!!! *AVOID, AVOID, AVOID*
Avaliou em 31 de Agosto de 2021
Where do I start??? Had the most terrible experience here, I am still furious a week later!!
After hours at the airport and then travelling from there to the London, when we arrived, we were only given what can only be described as a child’s snack when we arrived here, despite many of us almost shaking with hunger, feeling ill from not having had anything to eat for hours. This should’ve been an instant indicator of the appalling experience we would have over the next 7 days.
The room itself was disgusting. This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel? On what planet?? It was disgusting, dank and filthy, I felt like I was stuck in a cellar. There were cracks in the wall, the decor was completely outdated and there was a horrible musty smell in the room.
Back to the food, as I said, what we were given upon our arrival should’ve been an indicator of what to expect. The food absolutely was shocking, baby portions and nothing nutritious, breakfast was a slice of toast - I had to order from external places via Deliveroo/Just Eat several times to ensure I consumed some vitamins. They also DID NOT cater for my diabetic needs either, giving me chocolate cereals for breakfast more than once. They also tried to give me pork (I am Muslim) as they claimed it was ‘all they had’. We were given cold food nearly all week (they even tried to give me a rubbery old burger for breakfast!), which was mostly inedible as it was full of salt and probably nothing else. The only hot food I received from them was on Sunday when I was given a roast dinner.
During my stay, we were told we were only allowed out of the room once a day and that we could rind reception when we were ready to go each. Every time I rang, I was waiting hours and hours for someone to come get me. One day, they didn’t even turn up, so I had 24 hours of no fresh air or daylight. When I rang up, they kept saying someone is coming, however, this was not the case. I was livid. The staff were all completely useless, uncaring and rude. They treated you like you were a prisoner.
Going forward, I will never recommend this hotel or any other Copthorne hotel to anyone after my experience here. I can also say that responses to previous reviews on Google are all full of lies - no remorse or apologies from the hotel staff. They clearly no longer care about their reputation.
FOR ANYONE WHO MUST QUARANTINE, PLEASE AVOID AVOID AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS. YOU RATHER NOT GO!
Avaliou em 30 de Agosto de 2021
This place is extremely horrible in terms of customer service. They treat customers like criminals and animals. They treat customers like prisoners. The managers do not listen to the customers’ needs they are only collecting money from the customers and not good services.
The food is served on the FLOOR and it is cold and you do not have a microwave in the room probably it is not your eating time to reheat the food.
The Bathrooms? What the hell is this? OMG The bathrooms are extremely dirty and poorly designed. The bathroom are not kept clean. Imagine with this PANDEMIC going on and the cleanliness is a disaster
Customer service : This is the poorest of all. You have to call the customer service several times before you are attended to. This means that they do not have sufficient staff. The staff are specialising in security and they are not trained. The keep on saying that the accessing the communal: You have to ask someone twice or three times before you are attended too!
Pandemic Rules : They have treated customers with their own rules. They have redefined quarantine. They are not follow the regulations. Health and Safety executive should visit this place as it is not fit for purpose nor fit for hotel.
Worse than a prison
Avaliou em 12 de Agosto de 2021
Absolutely shocking hotel. This is NOT a 4 star hotel. If you get assigned this hotel as your quarantine hotel, please REFUSE!!
It is horribly outdated with cracks in the rooms.
The food is rubbish and the portions are tiny. They wouldn’t even fill a toddler.
They let you go out for 10 minutes a day which is absolutely disgusting. They are acting like it’s a prison which isn’t fair at all.
If you complain, they say it’s out of their hands and it’s the government but other hotels are not going on like this.
They also blame the rubbish staff on being government agency staff but surely it’s not hard to be a decent human being and let people out of their rooms for fresh air and to smoke. Once a day for 10 minutes is horrendous!
AVOID AVOID AVOID.
This hotel needs removed from the quarantine list ASAP and I will be making a formal complaint.
The other 1 star reviews are not lying!!
Avoid this hotel if you can.
Avaliou em 13 de Julho de 2021
The WORST hotel experience I’ve ever had.
This hotel has seriously demotivated staff who are lacking in compassion and drive. The hotel itself is old and dated and in desperate need of a refurbishment to bring it into the 21st century.
Some points to make:
- It’s July and the heating does not turn off or cannot be turned down at all. We’re so hot and nothing has been done after the matter has been reported several times. I’m really worried about my toddler overheating at night when she sleeps that I’m barely getting any sleep myself.
- The food is hit or miss. Usually miss. The hot breakfast is greasy and fried food which comes to us drenched in oil. Lunch consists of limp, soggy sandwiches with very little filling inside. An example of dinner is chicken breast swimming in watered down sauce with either potatoes es or rice on the side. It’s really unappetising. Your heart usually sinks when you open up the package and see it. Last night we had a soggy pie and the meal order slip said it would come with vegetables but it didn’t. When we called reception to ask about the vegetables we firstly got accused of lying about not being sent any. Then we got told that vegetables aren’t included on their menu slips. And they didn’t believe that we had it written on ours. The meals in general have gotten worse since we got here, they are seriously lacking any nutrition and the staff get annoyed at you when you call up to ask anything about the food.
- The room wasn’t clean when we came. There were crumbs from previous occupants underneath the bed, poo stains on the wall underneath the toilet roll holder (splash back from the toilet from many, many precious occupants). It’s so disgusting and makes me want to vomit every time it catches me eye.
- Cobwebs in the nooks and crannies of the walls.
- One of the windows doesn’t open at all (doesn’t help with the heating issue mentioned earlier)
- TV speakers aren’t working. Only the picture.
- It’s a very dark room and we need to keep the lights on all day to get adequate light in the room.
- The bed is comfortable.
- The furniture is very dated, but functioning.
- There is a kettle and fridge in the room.
- The grounds are nice with flowers and a play area for kids.
- I asked for fresh bedsheets and the “fresh” ones came to us with huge brown stains on them. Absolutely vile. It took 2 calls to reception to get more replacements given to us.
- When you call reception about anything they get annoyed and you’re made to feel that you’re bothering them. Peter the Duty Manager in particular has been really unhelpful, accused me of lying about a food order, is sarcastic and is lacking customer service skills and even basic etiquette.
- Perhaps the hotel management needs to give the staff some extra support, motivation, rewards and training to help them get through challenging times, because the way that the staff are not supporting their guests has surely got to come from the top down.
- I’m in a living hell here and I’m counting down the minutes until I can get out of here.
Horrible, smelly place!
Avaliou em 9 de Julho de 2021
The worst place I've stayed in for years! Did not choose this place but was quaratined here for 10 days. The worst service, the worst food, like hospital: Tastless ! Dark and grubby carpets dating from the victoriana era. Will never recommend to anyone for a day let alone 10 days!!!