Hidden gem in the centre of Athens 5*
Reviewed 3 October, 2020
We decided to stay here due to travel restrictions from the UK due to Covid, and I’m so glad we did, it is about a 30 minute taxi ride from the airport, when we arrived the check in process was slick and easy, reception colleague very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble, breakfast was a lovely addition and just the right amount. The hotel itself is newly decorated and furnished to a high standard with quality fixtures and fittings. It’s real 5* touch is the roof top bar with a phenomenal view of the acropolis, we spent many an hour sipping cocktails admiring the view!! Geographically it is about a 20 minute walk to all the main historic sites, and a 15 minute taxi ride to the beautiful sea front and harbour. We used Uber to get around and couldn’t fault the service, the hotel is close to many great restaurants, especially Alexander the Great which is just around the corner, definitely worth a visit!! If we venture back to Athens we won’t think twice about staying here again!! THANK YOU SO MUCH
Modern designed room
Reviewed 20 September, 2020
We loved the breakfast and the big room with the comfort sofa inside it. We had Netflix connection on the TV. Modern design and beautiful bathroom. There is a nice roof top place where you see the Acropolis.
Excellent service, cleanliness according to new terms due to Corona Virus and amazing view
Reviewed 20 September, 2020
Our stay at Acropolis Plaza was really wonderful. Our room was on the 4th floor. We had very big and clean room. The staff and the maid were very careful and they followed all the terms for Coronavirus and they made us feel safe and protective. The breakfast is served inside our room and the woman wore gloves and mask. There was antiseptic hand gel everywhere in the hotel. We had a great view of Acropolis during the night when we sat on the roof garden of the hotel.
Not clean and very loud
Reviewed 3 September, 2020
It’s easier to say what was good: service was friendly and helpful (Valentina did a great job!), toiletries are great, the furniture is new and stylish. There is a terrace on top with nice views.
- Cleanliness: in the second room we saw pieces of soap in the shower from previous tenants, that shows the shower was not cleaned and disinfected properly, if at all. On the floor there was also some hygienic stuff packaging, which means the same. There was something dirty on the vase. The bedlined is clean, but on top of it is a cover that is probably used by all guests and is not hygienic and washed as often.
- Breakfast: is served in the room due to covid, and was extremely poor for a 4* hotel (look at the photos) - three toasts for 2 people, if you’re vegan, go to some other hotel, as they don’t have fruit or vegetables, even upon request. Toast bread was some days toasted, some days no. The juice was also disgusting and we couldn’t drink it.
- Comfort: we couldn’t sleep due to loud cars at night, so very low. In the new room one door of the shower was missing and shower couldn’t be closed (!). In the first room there was a coffee machine, but the pills for it were missing.
- Soundproofing: When we couldn’t sleep the first night due to a loud busy road next to the hotel, we were offered several rooms to choose from. They were quiter, but still loud :(
- Location: very close to the center, but some streets are full of junkies injecting drugs. If you use main streets to go the center, they are ok.
- Security: they tried to charge our card before we arrived, it didn’t work, so they cancelled our reservation (while we are always paying at reception in other hotels). We rebooked it and it was cheaper, so that’s fine. We booked with booking and it said “all taxes and charges are included, also the city tax”, and we showed it at reception when we checked out, but when we left the hotel, they charged our credit card without our permission. Small amount but it is still not ethical and double-charging, and we didn’t feel secure.
After that we moved to Centrotel and it was much cleaner and quieter, even though it is 2*.
Great spot in Athens
Reviewed 20 February, 2020
It is a brand new hotel located a few minutes walk to the beautiful city center of Athens. The room was clean and cozy. The hotel employees are really nice and hospitable. They gave us great recommandations, even we booked with them a day trip to Meteora which was excellent. The airport pick up and port drop off was brilliant made it easy to get in and out
Overall, we are very happy with our stay and can highly recommend the place