Dirty and Rubbish spilling over the floors
Reviewed 10 January, 2019
yes the staff are welcoming-but each floor is dirty, there is no real common area other then the landings, where floor rugs and sleeping pads were so nasty through dirt. Dorm bed was clean, but no curtain between beds only in front of bed. Plug hanging off the wall, one shower had no hot water. Cheap but dissapointing, as cheap should not mean filth.
Cheap accommodation and cheerful owner
Reviewed 19 December, 2018
We booked a three-night stay at Q6 at 6 Hostel to watch Miss Universe 2018 in Bangkok. Their rates may be the cheapest we've seen in Bangkok for a private double room. We stayed at Room 501, topmost floor with a balcony. I remember our booking confirmation included a "private external toilet" but when we arrived we were told the toilet is not private but shared. I didn't mind having a shared toilet specially their rates are already super low. Maybe just revise the booking confirmation details so as to avoid confusion regarding the "private external toilet." The management should consider hiring another housekeeping staff as 5 floors of a hostel is a lot of hardwork and indeed a lot of housekeeping must be done to keep the place tidy. Our room was spacious enough. It had a tv, a cabinet for clothes, a ceiling fan, the aircon was super cold, wifi was decent. I hope the management will consider providing proper blankets instead of oversize bath towels. Khao San Road is kilometer away! We walked to Khao San Road to celebrate the crowning of our Miss Universe Catriona Gray from the Philippines! Everyday we were greeted by their cheerful owners and even had a delightful chat with them upon check out. I'd recommend Q6 at 6 Hostel to anyone looking for budget accommodation near Khao San Road.
Price is cheap, staffs are nice, with some improvements all is great
Reviewed 16 July, 2018
1. The price is so cheap,
2. The staffs are very nice and helpful,
3. The highest floor the best view I got, the price is cheap so do not expect to see expensive view, but the view was OK for us,
4. The TV has TV Box, it is just all in Thai so we do not understand and hard to stay watching the TV,
5. When we were there, we did not meet lots of people so that's good for privacy,
6. The locker is useful, laptop even fits, we also put charger (laptop, phone, camera), cables, and one bag which we used to keep them.
1. Minor: The stairs are too steep, what would you expect from a cheap hostel? Impossible to fix this, just be careful on the stairs,
2. MAJOR: The privacy of the bathroom is the worst (first night when we arrived I saw that the bathroom is not fully covered from the next one, so I checked from the next bathroom which can be accessed by anyone, I can clearly see the reflection of our bathroom, and our bedroom when the door is opened, so I fix the board that they provided to cover the reflection on the window which is not fully covering it; then I just realized at the last night of our 2 nights stay there that the inside of the bathroom can be seen clearly from the outside, we just hope that there was no one saw us took a bath, this is REALLY DISAPPOINTING). So the privacy of the bathroom needs to be fixed, not upgraded, but fixed, because it is terrible (the reflection which can be seen from the next bathroom which can be accessed by anyone, and furthermore for the window that does not even cover the inside of the bathroom from the outside, there is a -somekind of- hotel also across the window, where they can see "FREE SHOW" of someone takes a bath, REALLY DISAPPOINTING),
3. Major: The screw on the left side of the bed is sticked out then it hurts the leg when we were using laptop that we put on the table next to the bed,
4. Minor: The curtains are not enough to cover the window. We used the towel to cover the uncovered while letting it dry. The curtain of the window of the bedroom should be able to cover all of the window.
Raja Joko M
Reviewed 7 March, 2018
The people at this hostel have been friendly, welcoming and made a real effort to make our stay comfortable - letting us into the room early when we arrived at dawn, helping us with transport, offering assistance etc. We have been back three times a few months apart when we had to spend a night or two in Bangkok.
Hot shower, decent beds, hot water station with tea and coffee. We didn't eat the breakfast as we prefer to have more choice and there are so many interesting restaurants to try nearby.
Good location in a quieter area a couple of blocks from Koh San Rd. It's walking distance from all that so you can explore.
We stayed in rooms 301 or 302 each time. 302 could do with a shelf or some extra hooks for storage. The air con worked efficiently. Yes, the blanket is made from a towel-like material. It was comfortable to sleep under.
We'll be back next time we're around.
Friendly and Good Service
Reviewed 5 March, 2018
I stayed for 4 nights there and had a room with private restroom. The room (with windows) is equipped with a fan, air conditioner, hot water and TV. WIFI is fast enough. The staff was very friendly and always ready to help. Near but far enough to the noisy street Kho San Road. Only by walking you can reach the Kho San Road and the bus station in 5-10 minutes. I think it is a very positive note that the hostel offers a bus service driving you to the airport.