Reviewed 27 August, 2021
The hotel is very nice, food is good and the location is perfect. Right beside the coast of the sea. They have two pools both of them are great, but my favorite one is the infinity pool. The only downside is that the spa is extra charged. For a five star hotel that’s unacceptable. Rooms are tidy and clean, and the staff is friendly and kind.
Excellent choice for rest
Reviewed 25 August, 2021
This hotel is really outstanding.
Beautiful location: nature and quiet place.
Reception and CR are very good.
Rooms are renovated and spacious.
Breakfast and dinners are very tasty with huge choice.
Any reason to go outside.
We were there this August’21 big family: 2 parents, 2 big children and 5 years baby. Everybody is totally satisfied
Nice hotel but not 5 star
Reviewed 10 August, 2021
We had a pleasant week in this hotel. It is situated on the lovely Dalmatian coast.
Firstly the pros:
The location in Brela is a nice spot on the coast
The food was good
The staff were helpful and efficient
It wasn't too crowded
There were two decent size pools.
There was a small private beach
Now the cons:
Definitely not 5 star standard in any way
Parking was a nightmare
Traffic was a nightmare
The public beach nearby was packed and covered in litter
Baska Voda was like going to Butlins - tacky, packed and full of smokers
The hotel was supposed to be smoke free but wasn't and we had our meals spoiled every time we went to eat due to inconsiderate smokers
Hospitality trays were not replenished and although ther was tea provided there was never any milk
Evening entertainment was repetitive and dire with none at all on Saturday evenings.
Quite nice hotel, good food, but 4* hotel at best
Reviewed 11 July, 2021
We went to the hotel twice, first in 2019 for 2 weeks and following quite nice experience (4 out of 5) we had the first time, we decided to go second time this year again for two weeks, when covid situation finally allowed it. To start with, comparing to some hotels we've been to, this hotels fulfils 4* hotel standard at best.
Starting with pros:
- very nice location, with beautiful promenade walk towards small town of Brela
- two (relatively small) pools with beach chairs and sun lounges in the pool area for free and towels upon request
- beach is just in front of the hotel, but is it is relatively narrow
- both times we went here, hotel and room was clean
- food is tasty. It gets repetitive as they rotate the menu weekly, but it is not a problem per se
- beach and dining staff are very friendly
Now the cons:
- most of guests come here by car, but the parking in front of the hotel is uber small - maybe 30 cars at best. If you are unlucky (like us), they either take your car their second hotel about 2 km away or to the nearest parking in another hotel (and nobody tells you it is 3 EUR per day, you find out during checkout. That being said the nearest parking is just a gravel plot under some pine trees and you have to pay for it!!!).
- last stay we had a room on the ground floor next to stairs. Obviously, the noise was quite annoying, so this stay we asked for a quiet room (we don't care about view really, but about a good night sleep). What we got is a room on first floor right next to the elevator and stairs (again!), and just above the stairs to pool area. Needless to say, no quiet sleep for us the whole vacation >:-( Also, the room walls are quite thin, so you hear everything and everyone around stomping (or maybe just bad luck again)
- the cleaning ladies are totally unpredictable&random! My wife's pyjama tops was found under the bed in dust 3 times. Some came during breakfast, other during noon, almost always when we wanted to go relax into the room during the hottest hours. Once a cleaning lady just went in and randomly handed over two rolls of toilet paper (unrequested), not caring if there is anyone inside
- if you come during the season peak, i.e. when parents with kids arrive, it gets super crowded in the pools and its area - this is not the hotel's fault, it is a large capacity, hotel so if you want a peaceful holiday - look some place else
- there is no excursion booklet in the room, you have to ask at reception and if you come in pair like us, unless you gather more people, they won't even try to find you any options (you expect better service from a 5* hotel)
- we need antigen test for journey back. The hotel stated in the reservation that they provide testing at the hotel, but in reality, you have to go to their other 3* hotel about 2 km/15 min walk away. Also they only do testing on some days and the results came back in Croatian (!) with invalid QR code. Thank God we travelled by car and no one stopped us for confirmations of the test.
Overall, we enjoyed our first stay 4/5, however our second stay 2.5/5 and it convinced us that this was enough. If you are a family with kids, this is a very nice hotel, but if you are a couple, probably look for something else. Overall we give it 3.5/5
Reviewed 7 July, 2021
Very nice location, very good breakfast and dinner. The view from the rooms are impressive! Friendly personnell, except the reception, who could be much more friendly and thankfull with the guests. The rooms are decent and clean but not all are 5 star rooms. And last but not least, no free parking! They charge you for every little thing.