Reviewed 9 January, 2021
Toriba has a very pleasuring outside environment, with a big green area. The room is really welcoming and cozy. With a really attentive team. Perhaps, the price wasn't fair, it was too much, it didn't attend all the expectations from this price.
Reviewed 4 October, 2019
We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, so let's star by the positive points:
- Upgrade - we got it at the moment we arrived, in fact because they were renovating the reception area, but fine, it was a nice chalet.
- Food - excellent
- Service in the restaurants & spa - excellent
- Sparkling wine & macaron - courtesy for our wedding, nice surprise
- Spa - excellent service, Andrea does a fabulous massage
- Piano presentation - excellent, no doubts
- Amazing trails - great because they are in the hotel area, excellent
But here I mention some points that should be noted to be improved:
- There were some stains in the sofa (chalet)
- Dangerous step between room and bathroom
- TV control has no battery and was broken
- TV has a very limited choice of channels and even for those with films, they were translated
- Coffee pot - very, very old and one they, it was without lid, broken
- Some tables (swimming pool area and even in the chalet), were chipped
- Last but not least ... we decided to stay one more night (which means a totally different price - week-end value- and another room), Unfortunately the TV was not working, but the main problem was the number of people coming in and out of the room trying to solve the problem (which at the end wasn't solved) and finally we decided to leave.
To be honest, the negative points should be really fixed, they are simple and for an hotel as they are classified / charged, should not give this bad impressions.
Lêda Regina A
Reviewed 26 June, 2019
The hotel is excellent, service is perfect, great outdoors structure and good selection of wines and spirits. There is a cigar glasses area with a fantastic view, where you can buy and smoke a good selection of cuban cigars. The hotel is located very close to “Fazendinha Toriba” and Tarandu, very good parks to go with the kids. The only negative point is that it is located 4 miles from Campos downtown, but if you are willing to stay in the hotel, or do not mind driving, it should not be a problem.
Reviewed 5 March, 2019
If you're looking to escape the hustle and bustle of Sao Paulo then Hotel Toriba in Sao Jose dos Campos is the PERFECT getaway. We arrived not knowing too much about the property so we were very pleasantly surprised with the accommodation and facilities.
Just outside the main township the hotel is a destination in itself with plenty to do. An amazing kids room with a unique and memorable slide from one floor to another (I have to admit it wasn't just the kids that enjoyed this novelty!). A small zoo is nearby and the hotel is gorgeous and peaceful.
Downside? Well if you are an activity person then it is quite isolated and you'll need to drive 20-30 minutes into dos Campos itself. But, if like us you just wanted to chill and relax for a few days the location is pefect.
We had a spacious two bedroom chalet, the fireplace was a real feature we enjoyed and really felt like you were staying in the Swiss Alps a world away from the craziness of SP.
We loved our stay and will definitely be back. Highly recommended.
Christmas holiday trip 2018
Reviewed 25 December, 2018
We stayed for the Christmas holiday and had an exceptional experience. The Christmas decoration, the piano and violin performances, the singers and ballet dancers, and the entire atmosphere created was rather tasteful, elegant, nicely planned and accomplished. The grounds are impeccable, activities and entertainment abound, the Staff’s friendliness and service were beyond reproach (!!), and the food OMG was simply excellent; and this has made Toriba Hotel a first class Icon of Brazilian hospitality and gastronomy, indisputably as good as many premier resorts worldwide. We are certainly coming back. Thank you very much 🙏.