Reviewed 12 September, 2021
Very disappointed with my stay at Loews Coronado this time. I've been here in the past (about 3 years ago), and it's unfortunately gone downhill. My husband and I came on the weekend to enjoy some time away from home. I had several issues with our stay:
- there was a large conference that took over the entire outdoor space that overlooks the bay all day and night. The usual furniture and tables were pushed aside to make room for conference meals. This view is one of the primary selling points of the hotel and why I booked it in the first place. However we couldn't enjoy this feature at all during our stay.
- There was a VH1 taping happening that closed on of the pools, and there were production people everywhere. Not ideal.
- The spa was closed...due to COVID? Every other hotel spa in San Diego was open. This wasn't made clear to us until we arrived.
- The food & drink menus, and the times the the restaurants open are not correct on the website, nor the link that was sent to me when I checked in.
- There was nothing open to have a decent lunch. Options were pizza at the small market inside or the pool bar.
- The power turned off to the entire building one morning
- It was the weekend of a major tennis match final and the large lounge downstairs has a tv, so naturally we wanted to ask to change the station to the match. First I asked the girl at the check in counter who stated the bar controls the tv and nobody could change the channel until 3pm (match started at 1pm). After chasing the manager down he stated he couldn't do it without approval of the food and beverage manager. Why is this to difficult? After finding the food and beverage manager myself, the tv was finally changed (45 minutes later). Oh, and good luck getting any bar service while you're enjoying the game - bar doesn't open until 3pm.
I won't be back.
Overpriced aged hotel
Reviewed 7 September, 2021
This is an overpriced fancy-looking aged hotel. The interior of the building and rooms look old. We stayed here for three nights.
For two nights, the room next to ours made loud noise between 12:30AM-2AM. I contacted the service who claimed to have dispatched security, but that didn't help at all. They shut door super heavily, which partly because of how the doors are designed in this hotel. The walls also don't block sound at all. You can hear your neighbor's normal talk easily, let alone the drunk yelling neighbor at midnight.
The shuttle to the downtown is said to depart every 30 minutes, but my ride delayed by 15 minutes.
There're very limited number of food choices here. There's one Mexican restaurant that closes by 5PM. A breakfast and cafe bar that provides only simple food like sandwiches. A bar that's good for hanging out late night but not fine dining. And a restaurant which is basically the only choice during dinner time.
The beach isn't as close as it appears to be on the map. The closest beach that can be accessed requires 10 minutes walk. They do have shuttle service, though.
The pools are good, through. The water feels warm when the temperature is at ~70.
We paid $1400+ for three nights. We expected more for this price.
Reviewed 7 September, 2021
Beautiful and very clean resort. Great rooms with the most comfortable bed I ever slept in! Great pools and amazing views! The best hotel!! Snuggled away in Coronado Island, we feel it was the best choice we could have made for our San Diego vacation! Would definitely go back!!
Reviewed 7 September, 2021
We have come to Loews before and came back again. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The location is beautiful right next to the Marina with plenty to do. Boat, bike and other rentals, etc. There are tennis courts and a gym. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you to the beach where they will set up chairs and an umbrella for you. Also there is a shuttle into town that takes you back and forth to the hotel. . There are multiple pools and games by the pool for everyone. It is definitely worth what you pay for here.
Very average for the price - avoid rooms near the pool cinema area
Reviewed 6 September, 2021
So the photos online looked amazing - we needed one nights stay after. a stretch in San. Diego.
The first annoying thing was the room was not available until way after 4pm (we had to be out by 7:30am the next. morning - so not a huge amount of time in the hotel.
The room was a bit. tired and the toilet had faecal matter on the underside of the seat and lots of dust on the lamps in the bathroom. The shower door installed in a backward way.
However the two big complaints are that the TV service felt very dated and then the room we stayed in was sandwiched with noise from the hall and the outdoor poool movie - avoid room 2105 at all costs.. This made it difficult to hear eachother in the room.
The most offensive thing about the stay. was the $39 parking charge - never. communicated any.where - and the absolute rip off $35 resort fee per night:
* complimentary internet - well it's not. comlimentary if you're charging me. for it???
* oooh - the. ability to print out my boarding pass . If I. was flying I'd use a mobile boarding pass or do it at the airport - stop charging me for things I don't want or. need!!
* The ability to use the tennis court.... If we all wanted t use the tennis court you'd not. have the capcity to service us all.
* Oh the driver who picked us up from town shoved 8 passengers into a 6. seater vehicle breaking all health and safety rules/laws...