Poor customer service
Reviewed 16 September, 2021
As a loyal customer with titanium status, I am absolutely appalled with the treatment my wife received, one of the front line staff demanded she wear a mask over her mouth and nose when she has a medical exemption, he had no intention of listening to her and got into heated verbal confrontation.
SKETCHY in every way - AVOID THIS PROPERTY
Reviewed 6 September, 2021
The location is terrible! By the map it looks close to Gastown but staying in this location is like staying in the center of a slum. It would NOT be safe to walk to Gastown. You hear sirens all night long and loud partying in the neighboring rooms. The hotel is very, very old but has been renovated. The lobby was busy and frankly didn't feel that safe with every sketchy character you can imagine floating around. This is certainly not for business travelers or family with children . There is a large amount of homelessness and squalor directly outside the front doors and the sights and smells reflect this. The parkade is totally unsafe with staff reminding you not to leave anything in your car and to lock everything carefully. There is no concierge or help - I had to drag my bags up a flight of stairs with no help as we didn't easily find the back alley loading area that is the "front entrance". The rooms are newly renovated but everything has that tattered around the edges feeling with dodgy bubbling wallpaper and chips and gouges that show the age. Also don't look to carefully in the corners or you will find a few areas house keeping has never looked! The sheets were clean. The bathroom was clean but I actually changed my flight up because I was so anxious to leave!
To Summarize: Don't stay here. It is the kind of hotel you walk into and think DAMN. I should have done more research! I wish I had just stayed out by the airport or paid the extra $200 / night for the OPUS.
Great location, service and stay
Reviewed 3 September, 2021
We (family of 3) stayed 5 nights in the one-bedroom suite, it was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The kitchenette area was very handy to have.
Service was great. Internet connection in the bedroom was great as well. Anything we needed was delivered to our bedroom within minutes of asking.
The hotel staff is supper friendly and they helped us with every request we had.
The hotel is located 1 block from the SkyTrain Waterfront station. If you fly into Vancouver, the trip takes less than 30 mins from the airport. the SkyTrain is the easiest way to get to the hotel.
Quiet hotel in a great location
Reviewed 29 August, 2021
First time in Vancouver and I really enjoyed my stay at the Delta. The room was a good size and had a very comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly as well. The hotel is located near Gastown, very close to restaurants and the water - but not so close that it's loud or busy. The room also had a nice view of the harbour.
Parking was $39 per night and located in a public garage directly next to the hotel. Seems par for the course for downtown in a major city.
Given covid policies, there was no daily room cleaning and you need to give 24 hours notice if you needed it. This wasn't a big deal for us. The hotel did seem a little short staffed, we were mostly on our own with our luggage. Given it's a downtown location, there is very little room to pull in to unload from a car/cab.
This was our first time, but definitely not our last. I would definitely return to the Delta.
Reviewed 27 August, 2021
1. Parking is $40/night. The parking lot is a little bit distance from hotel. It takes time in and out. But away from hot sun or rain, it’s indoor parking. The elevator at parking sometimes doesn’t work. Remember the number and the level after you parked, you will need that information later. If you are the first time staying in this hotel like me, here is the direction:
When you drive toward hotel,go past the hotel to Howe Street, left on to that street, then take the next left onto West Pender Street, again take left onto Seymour Street, you will get to parking, the Delta is on the left of Seymour Street
2. This hotel allows pets. Usually the owners keep them quite, but one time while going out to elevator, I indeed got scared by a sudden and loud dog barking. Just once.
3. The three elevators seem not enough during busy times, especially with pandemic policies that limits people or one family allowed inside. The guests I met are nice. We usually “break the law” by allowing others in, otherwise waiting can be quite long. Indoor masks are mandatory, you need to bring your own, hotel don’t provide ( I never ask as I have myself).
4. It located in downtown area which is convenient to walk around to some places (Gas town, Canada place, flyover Canada, China town etc). But walking downtown/China town is not a pleasant experience. Like other downtowns, there are lots of homeless around , dirty needles on ground and stinky pee smell in the air, gunshots and police cars and firefighters trucks around every day.
5. As soon I got in my room, the WiFi is connected automatically; The TV displays my name while on/off, which is sweet.
6. Inside the hotel is clean. I am a clean guest, I use my own plastic bags as garbage/recycle bags and I bring them to main floor garbage can. I found the little garbage can in room is too small, the other half is divided for recycle. For the first 4 days of my stay, I only requested room service once. I was told the room service will provide every three days unless I ask. I don’t like to ask but after the third day while still no room service, I asked on the 4th day afternoon, they came and did a good job.
7. The sheets and towels look clean and smell/feel clean. Not like the previous Delta I stayed, the sheets and towels looked clean but smelled dirty. I have a sensitive nose. This hotel is clean everywhere I go inside. The shower and toilet etc. all work properly.
8. There are two closets, the one in bedroom has a little SAFE.
9. I asked for water once. They provided right away which is nice. Later I found there is ice/water fountain at my floor, I started reuse my water bottles. It would be nice if a simple instrument can be provided there.
10. From my window there is beautiful downtown view day and night. From this distance I don’t see the garbages on the street.