Reviewed 26 September, 2021
Had another wonderful weekend at the Westin. The new menu is amazing! Outstanding food. Even better service. Every staff member went out of their way to be helpful. We were very impressed. I recommend coming here even for just a meal and a cocktail when in town but nit staying here. Excellent, unique and creatice menus.
Reviewed 25 September, 2021
This is the worst hotel I ever stayed at. No housekeeping service what so ever, even when requested a day before. On the third day when our room was not made up, the trash was not emptied and no fresh towels or face cloths, I phoned down and complained. I was told they would send someone up. when we returned from dinner, a bag with towels, toilet paper etc was just dumped outside of our door.
I would never return to this hotel again.
Need more than a view.
Reviewed 23 September, 2021
I used upgrade certificates, and thought they were wasted.
The hotel is conveniently located beside the train station, and its within a ten minute walk of some great restaurants.
But the upgraded room was a real disappointment. Yes it had a view of the harbour, but when you are travelling on business that is not really important. For an upgraded room it was very small, had a slow draining sink, a toilet paper holder that was broken and a chrome part was missing in the shower. The shower it should be noted was one of those multi use heads, that had poor pressure and seemed that cold water was always dripping from somewhere...
The food (room service and restaurant) was very good, as were the staff who were short a few bodies, but tried very hard.
I would go back, but not waste an upgrade.
Reviewed 18 September, 2021
We stayed overnight due to the fact that we had a medical appt early the next morning in Halifax. The only good thing about this hotel is the special rate you get for a medical appt stay.
Here are some of the negative things we encountered:
1. Missing parts in the shower. No grab bar in shower. Tub slippery.
2. Once you got a shower, the tub didn't drain. It still wasn't drained by the time we checked out.
3. To guide to instruct you on how to find the channels on the TV. Very complicated to access. You have to go to Channel 61 for the guide. Would be nice if this was given to us upon checking. We had to have the maintenance guy come and tell us that. He seemed frustrated as well.
4. The carpets look dirty. I think its just because they are worn, but does not look clean.
5. When I picked up the phone to call the Front Desk, the phone was filthy and dusty. I hung it back up and dialled the Front Desk from my cell phone after I had washed my hands! With the Covid situation, you would think they would have to wipe it down every day. Well this one had not been wiped in a long time!
6. The parking is awful. We have a handicap parking and the spots were so small and there are other parking spots perpendicular to these ones which makes it so you can't back into the spots or get out. (the handicap parking spots were all empty for this reason.)
7. Calling Front Desk... don't bother. They don't answer the phone. I called 5 times and they never answered. I had to go down and there were 2 staff there talking to each other and when I mentioned that I had called numerous times, the gentleman looked at the phone and said it never rang there. Yeah right! The maintenance guy tried and got their voicemail. LOL!
8. As I said, we were there for a medical appt the next morning... where was our room? The fartest from the elevator that you can get! Would you not think that maybe since its for a medical appt, they would assume there could be issues with distance for the patient and that they would put you a little closer to the elevator?
9. The bed is not comfortable at all. Very soft. They say it's a Queen, but it was more like a Double. (We would have taken a room with 2 beds, however you can't get 2 beds when you get the special rate for medical appts. We paid $99 for the night + taxes which is a great rate, but if we wanted 2 beds, the rate would have been $239 + tax. Certainly not worth that amount of money!)
Will we be back to the Westin Nova Scotia? NO!
Reviewed 16 September, 2021
Big shout out to the Westin. With not much more than a week to prepare, the staff at the Westin did an incredible job making our wedding feel like something that been planned years in advance.
The Catering Manager made things very easy and stress free for us, the food was delicious, reception went above and beyond to meet our needs, and we stayed in the nicest room we have ever stayed in.
Thanks Westin for creating some amazing memories for us, our families, and friends.