Reviewed 27 September, 2021
I stayed just one night, but wasn't impressed. I'm not sure what's going on at the hotel, but the reviews for the past six months are all very negative. Whilst I didn't have an awful time, it wasn't great - and I'm glad I was only booked for one night. Reception staff on both arrival and departure weren't very friendly, and the use of masks by staff was lacking. The room was decent - it had a lovely view - but seemed a bit grimy. I didn't sleep well - it was far to noisy to keep the window open, but the air-con unit was blowing in cigarette smoke (even though hotel is non-smoking) and it was very unpleasant. Overall the place just seemed too busy - the lobby was frenetic, there was always a mass of people; staff cannot keep up with all the comings and goings; and there was always a long wait for the lift. It's a great location, but not an enjoyable stay.
Frustrating and disappointing..
Reviewed 24 August, 2021
Arrived last Friday evening, nice welcome, was informed I had to pay for my room, I had pre-paid, which on inspection, it was agreed I didn't have to pay again....
Dinner on Friday night was exquisite, fabulous service, amazing food, expensive but worth it, the restaurant and rooftop bar are independent of the hotel.
Saturday morning, went for a lovely breakfast, back to the room and realised my room door did not lock, informed reception, and a gentleman arrived shortly afterward to check the door. Firstly he said it was my key card that was at fault. When I asked if I could show him the issue, he rolled his eyes and said no. When he did allow me to demonstrate, he walked away from me saying it was technical. I had to call after him to see if it would be fixed, he did not turn around but walking away said, ten minutes.
the door was fixed eventually but the whole episode took around an hour.
Before I left the hotel (11:20am) I dropped a dress at reception to be pressed. I got back to the hotel just before 9pm, went to my room, no dress, down at reception i asked where it was, the gentleman on reception called the laundry service, and at the end of the call, I had to ask what was happening. I was told laundry would call him back. He then asked what I had left, colour etc. so it could have been in the laundry in a sister hotel, I would get it on Sunday. I explained I was leaving on Sunday and needed the dress now, if it hadn't been ironed yet, to just return it to me.
Great location, disorganised service
Reviewed 23 August, 2021
When I checked in on Friday evening I was told my payment didn't go through at the desk. I was then asked to pay either €50 or 300tl cash as a deposit instead with no explanation as to why. This request was quickly withdrawn when I showed the person behind the desk my banking app, confirming my payment for the room had actually gone through.
At 8.40am on Sunday morning I was woken to the sound of someone fiddling with the lock outside my door. When I called out to question what was going on, they said it was housekeeping and told me I needed to checkout despite checkout being open until 12pm. I also had a Do Not Disturb sign hanging from my door. Less than five minutes later someone from reception rang my room phone to ask if I had ordered breakfast (I hadn't). I don't know how disorganised you have to be to start ringing rooms at random to ask if they ordered breakfast, or wake them to check out before 9am.
The hotel is in a great location, close to lots of lovely cafes, restaurants and shops. There is a significant level of noise pollution late at night as the hotel is so close to several bars and nightclubs, which I felt was to be expected given the location. The 'Superior Room with City View' looks out on to a large carpark and a city skyline in the far distance, which was a little underwhelming. The room itself was clean but a little cramped.
There is a fabulous restaurant and rooftop bar which are located at the top of the hotel building and not affiliated with the hotel. I would highly recommend visiting the restaurant but would advise against staying in the hotel itself
The worst hotel I have ever been to, in Istanbul in a few years and I will never go again I do not recommend to anyone..
Reviewed 14 August, 2021
Awfullllll !!!!! When they came to clean our room, they threw away all the juncks food that we had not opened And they were not responsible at all.
And they say that because it was under the table, we tought that was rubish so it means that everything under the table should be thrown away because they think it is occupied?
Don't bother.- Deplorable service and facilities
Reviewed 25 July, 2021
We had a two night stay for five of us so we booked two rooms next to each other.
- We arrived at 1pm, check-in is at 2pm. We didn't get into one of the rooms until after 5pm. Why? Because the guests before us had late check-out so that's our problem apparently.
- No towels. I asked for more, was told no. I had two towels for the room with three people. Had to fight with the housekeeping lady to get two more. When I called the front desk, they simply said they didn't have any towels.
- Key cards keep failing. They'll just said "yeah it's a chronic problem"
- They say that every person should be able to connect three devices to the internet. Nope. We could connect three TOTAL devices for the five people and that was it. To get internet, I had to go to a cafe nearby.
- Here's a weird one. On the second night (not the first for some reason), we found that if we sat on the right side of the bed, it would trigger ALL THE LIGHTS IN THE ROOM. So every time we rolled over during the night, all the lights would come on. Never seen something like that before. Insane.
- The pool is "meh". It's OK but not great. Looks far better in the photos. We arrived during the day and went to see the pool. There were still dirty dishes and garbage from what appeared to be the night before. They didn't clean this up until the bar opened around 5pm.
The only redeeming quality of this hotel is location. Yes, it's in a decent place. Other than that, it's awful.