You can't make this stuff up
Reviewed 14 May, 2021
Get ready for a wild ride. Here's my recent experience:
1. I checked in on February 21, 2021. There was an odor in the room, debris on the carpet, and food smears on the cabinetry. When maintenance came to change a light bulb, he (Edward) surmised that the odor was cannabis having been smoked by the previous occupants. The room was listed as non-smoking. The odor took 5 nights to dissipate.
2. Meanwhile, my daughter, who was staying in a separate room, was cold, and the blankets being thin, we each asked for one; I gave mine to her. She checked out on Friday February 26th.
3. On Sunday February 28th, the toilet in my room was clogged. Ms. Sands offered to move me to another room, where I discovered the toilet to be broken. Ms. Sands told me there were no other rooms available, she would have someone in to repair my toilet the next morning and 9 a.m., and she would refund half the night’s cost.
4. The following morning Monday March 1, when no one had shown up by 10 a.m., I reported this to Ms. Sands, who told me that the repair person’s car had broken down. Meanwhile I was reduced to urinating in the bathtub, and had to go to my brother’s house to defecate.
5. On Tuesday March 2nd, as I was cold, I asked for a blanket and was declined on the grounds that I'd already received one previously. The one I gave to my daughter was by then certainly back in circulation. After pressing a few more times for a blanket, I was finally provided one, unwrapped as per policy.
6. As I was taking it to my room, I met Edward in the corridor, who told me that the odor in my room had not been cannabis, but rather had been that of the decomposing body of a guest who had died and whose body had not been discovered for 4 days. He said the guest across the hall from me had also smelled it.
This means that I was breathing in decaying human flesh for 5 nights, during a pandemic. I wrote the manager, Myra Sands, to the effect that 1.5 nights’ refund was frankly insulting, and have not heard from her since. As I told her, if I don't get refunded to my satisfaction, I will review accordingly on Trip Advisor, Google, and any other platform I can access. If you don't believe me, check those platforms; I review extensively and in detail.
I reported all of the above by telephone to customer care, according to a number that Ms. Sands gave me, on Tuesday March 2 at 11 a.m. When I got no satisfaction, I contacted several ESA personnel in executive positions detailing the above. Crickets.
In general, I would recommend
Reviewed 25 April, 2021
A solo woman here! I stayed there for a whole month in March 2021 and in general, I liked the service. I recommend this place. Is not super fancy, looks a bit outdated but decent. I think the price was ok, very quiet at night, the staff was ok. The only major improvement I would suggest is having the housekeeping service consistent. My room was cleaned the first Friday but the next 3 Fridays no one showed up. Other than that the kitchen was fine, tv fine, bed ok, good parking space. Vending machines in case you need something to eat or drink. Go for it, is a good option.
Reviewed 29 September, 2020
we checked into a 2 bed suite. As soon as we got there they said no breakfast because of covid if we wanted something we could come get a granola bar. then we get to the room and it instantly smells like cat urine. the smell was the worst thing ever so i called the front desk but was told they had no other rooms so we checked out
Reviewed 22 December, 2019
I've not stayed at an Extended Stay for several years, but this one was quite pleasant, Check-in was quick and expedient, though they initially sent me down the wrong hallway to find my room.
The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Even the heater worked beautifully. Even the wi-fi worked!
When I was looking for a restaurant recommendation, I was directed me south to 119th Street where there were lots of places to eat.
Breakfast was coffee and sweet rolls, but I didn't even expect that.
The only quibble I had was parking seemed rather tight...I had to look around for a spot.
Next time I'm in the area, I will try to stop again.