Nothing like pics on the website
Reviewed 5 March, 2020
Rooms are OK, good size, clean - however nithing like photos on the web site. Still the rooms are OK, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice with good choices of breakfast food.
I've been catfished....
Reviewed 17 January, 2020
I'll start with this review with the disclaimer that this is my first experience in a European/Italian hotel. Perhaps some of my critiques are out of the norm for European hotels but take them as you will.
The location of this hotel is perfect, it's a short walk from Il Duomo and the M3 train station is a 3-minute walk out the door. A 24-hour grocery store with EVERYTHING it a half a block away, and trust me you will want to utilize this to stock up on snacks/drinks if you are me and don't want to pay for the overpriced minibar. The location alone is worth 4-5 stars. Although this hotel is in the limited travel zone, there is the tram outside that is noisy and not to mention it is around the block from a hospital so you will hear sirens a lot.
I was catfished, I'll admit it. The room I stayed in is nowhere to be found on their website. Since I got a good deal and wasn't really hanging out in my room for long periods of time I let it slide. My room was very old and my kids have a tablet that is bigger than the TV that was in my room. The hotel tries to mitigate the street noise by having double windows but this makes opening your windows annoying (if you're like me and like to open windows for fresh air, especially considering there is no fan in the room). My room had a mini-fridge that might have been older than me that was ridiculously loud but came in helpful to drown out the noise from the other rooms since the walls in this hotel are made of 1-ply toilet paper, that is how thin they must be. I had a queen size bed that was just 2-twin mattress masquerading as a queen been, which meant if I tried to slip in the middle of the bed I'd end up in a valley. A sidenote for the bathroom, whoever designed the layout of this bathroom needs to be put through a wall. The showerhead is in the middle of the shower and at below neck level (non-adjustable). The tub is small and the shower curtain is hung with a straight rod so my entire shower was spent trying to get the curtain to stop sticking to my body. Then in the shower, there is an emergency alarm chord just in case you slip, I'm sure that thing gets pulled by accident way too many times. The handtowels are on a bar almost under the sink, the blow dryer is almost covering the light switches, and the towels for the shower, are in the shower with you...
- The elevators in this hotel are solo elevators, meaning they are too small to fit 2 strangers. I say strangers because you can ride this elevator with someone you know but if you like standing almost chest to chest with a stranger, by all means, go ahead.
- Just be aware of the extra tax added to your room, there's a sign at the desk notifying you of it but the front desk doesn't mention you. It's not that much and I had read about it before so I wasn't surprised, but I can see someone thinking its a trap.
- The daily room clean-up is nothing, they basically just rehang your towels and make your bed. There's no actual cleaning occurring, no vacuuming, nothing more.
- There is no extra security for your room, no deadbolt or chain. As someone who likes to deadbolt the door when I want to ensure I don't give the Housekeeper a show they did not want to see, this was a bit concerning to me. (There are DO NOT DISTURB signs, but these can easily fall off while someone walks past the room)
- If this hotel is mid-renovations and I was just unlucky to get a room from the Renaissance era then I would consider going back here, the location itself warrants a return.
Better than expected!
Reviewed 19 December, 2019
The hotel is very well located on a busy street. This might make it a bit noisy but also means it has plenty of food options and grocery stores around. The metro station is a couple of minutes away and is 2 stops away from Duomo. The room was spacious, clean and comfy. The best part was the bathroom which seems has been recently renovated. Would definitely stay there again!
Great location but outdated and very noisy
Reviewed 1 December, 2019
The hotel is in a great location, close to a Metro stop and only a 20 min walk to Duomo.
The hotel itself is extremely outdated, and the walls are paper thin, we could hear everything our neighbours did - and the noise from the road was terrible too.
If you can sleep through noise, and don’t mind the old style of furniture etc then I’d say this hotel is perfect.
Word of warning though, rooms pictured on social media or Expedia were not what we given...
PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL. IT IS A SCAM!
Reviewed 11 November, 2019
PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL. IT IS A SCAM! This place is trying to be something it's not. It may look all nice and fancy from the pictures but when you're here the reality strikes back. Impolite and rude staff. The hotel is poorly kept and maintained every door in our room would not shut there's mold in the bathroom around the shower.