Best hotel experience in Milan
Reviewed 1 June, 2019
This Hotel has changed it's name and got a total renovations in the last 2 months. I originally booked an other hotel, but as I checked in, the poor condition of the room and cleanliness, I just couldn't stay there since I was traveling solo. I went online and saw this hotel "Elizabeth the lifestyle hotel". I booked the room as I got to the lobby, and the lady at the door was great help. Room was big, clean, and everything in this room was brand new. It was very secure especially i was traveling solo, and there was a safe as well, which made me more comfortable to leave my belongings in the room. The location of this hotel was only mile away from city center, which was amazing. There were a lot of restaurants around this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel for the price it was clean, new, and close to everything.
top end 3 star
Reviewed 25 May, 2019
First, what's the place actually called? Answer: Hotel Zurigo (an Elisabeth Lifestyle Hotel). On some sites it's called "Elisabeth Lifelstyle" - this is the owning chain not the hotel itself.
That sorted, it's a very nice hotel. A 3 star price for a hotel that in many ways is 4 star, especially the breakfast.
Location is very good: 5 minutes walk from the metro and 2 different tram lines; 10 minutes from Duomo. There is a Carrefour Express just on the next corner and a nice little bar opposite.
If the place had it's own bar (that actually openned) I think I'd have given it 5 stars
Fabulous location at an affordable price
Reviewed 22 October, 2018
We recently spent seven nights at the Hotel Zurigo in Milan. We had a wonderful stay. The hotel was very well situated within walking distance of the Duomo and close to the metro and tram routes. It was very comfortable without the trimmings that usually go with a four or five star hotel. Our room was very clean, quiet and spacious with more than enough packing space. The staff were welcoming and friendly and could not have been more helpful. Our package included breakfast which was excellent with a wide variety of dishes on offer. The Wi Fi was good. We will certainly stay at the Hotel Zurigo again when we return to Milan.
I never thought I would stay in such a fine 3-star hotel
Reviewed 22 July, 2018
I never thought I would write such an enthusiastic review about a 3-star hotel. Almost everything is very fine, beyond reproach.
- Location of the hotel, 5 min on foot to Il Duomo. Easy access to other places – metro station (Missori) only one min away
- I stayed in a single room, facing a side street, very quiet. It has been the largest single I’ve stayed in so far. Moreover, the bed was large enough for a big guy like me (not a double bed, but larger than a single). The sheets were of excellent quality, soft & shiny, cool-to-touch. There were 6 types of pillows available on request!
- Bathroom of normal size, not cramped – which can happen in Italy, in old buildings
- Soft, thick bath towel. Great water pressure while showering.
- Both room and bathroom impeccably clean, and kept clean by the maids during the entire stay
- AC working efficiently
- Large minibar
- Fairly big LCD TV with lots of Italian channels
- Very good breakfast in an café where you can also order espresso for free (avoid the ready-made American coffee)
- Helpful, friendly staff
- Very good value for money
- Poor toiletries
- Not enough foreign TV channels
- Complete lack of vegetables at breakfast
- Old furniture, but that did not bother me, as it did not too worn out.
If in Milan again, I will stay here for sure!
Good location, but out of date facilities
Reviewed 13 July, 2018
Staff were helpful and friendly and multi-lingual. The room was adequate but the bathroom had a hair dryer like a vacuum cleaner - I haven't seen one like that for years - and to make it worse, the dryer was on the left, so I had to fight with the vacuum-cleaner type hose across my face. No good for a woman with long hair...
Breakfast was quite adequate and a reasonable selection.