Reviewed 21 September, 2021
Saw the pictures and decided to book for a wedding weekend. Got there and the first room was covered in stains all over the walls, floors, ceilings, etc.. turned on the AC and it made a horrible screaming sound. Requested a new room and the new room didn’t seem so bad. However I was woken up at 4am by a party in the parking lot that lasted 3 hours. When I went to the bathroom at 4am there was a huge grasshopper in the bathroom so had to deal with that (I was on the 2nd floor). Then spent the rest of my stay paranoid about bugs. Also then discovered that the handle on the toilet was broken and became a plumber at 4am. The towels were all stained so I had to request new ones. The TV barely worked as there were blurry lines across most of the channels. Also there is a train behind this hotel that shook the entire hotel. Was unaware of this and the first time it happened it scared the heck out of me. None of the staircases are marked so be prepared to get lost. The hallways also smell terrible. Paid way too much for the poor quality of the hotel.
Not what I expected from a Best Western Plus
Reviewed 17 September, 2021
No one at front desk when trying to check in. Hallway leading to rooms carpet not clean. Bathtub/shower was full of mild and in poor shape. AC shut off and never came on all night. Breakfast was disappointing. Ice machine broken and pool was closed.
Not as Expected or Advertised
Reviewed 13 September, 2021
My family recently stayed at this hotel on Saturday, September 11. We had booked by phone directly with the hotel for family event. Through my research, the hotel received decent reviews. While the facility was clean, we were not entirely happy.
1. Some of our party arrived at the hotel by 11 am and wanted to try to check in (knowing that it might not be possible). They waited in the lobby for more than 20 minutes because there was no one at the reception desk. Once a gentleman finally arrived, they were told the rooms were not cleaned yet (which was OK).
2. Following the family event, we arrived after 4 to check in. (I had already received a call confirming our eventual arrival). The two young women at the front desk were very friendly. We were charged an additional $100 per room, which would be refunded, to cover any possible damages (for one night? $100?) Planning to eat the hotel-provided breakfast the next day before leaving and seeing the information on the advertised breakfast prominently displayed at reception, I confirmed the breakfast time for Sunday (7-11 am).
3. I had booked, and received, four King rooms. They were clean and of a good size. The beds were not great, not horrible, just not totally comfortable. However, the pillows provided were awful. Each bed had four half-sized (throw-pillow-sized) pillows. It was weird and made for neck problems the following morning. Why couldn't the beds have normal pillows?
4. We tried the pool, which had obviously been rented out for the children's birthday party. For a hotel of this size, the pool was very large and deep. We expected a heated pool but the water was incredibly cold. The loudly exuberant children didn't help the situation. We did not stay very long.
5. The Hook and Ladder restaurant on the site was lovely. Prices were fair, food was good, and the staff was very friendly.
6. On Sunday, we proceeded to the lobby at 8 am for the hotel-provided and advertised breakfast only to be informed that the advertised breakfast was not available due to flooding a few days before. There was coffee/muffins/apples available for pickup. Why were we not informed of this the day before when we checked in? Why didn't we receive some kind of discount on the room rate? We had planned for a quick and substantial free breakfast before our 5+ hour drive home. As it was we got a later start after eating at a nearby diner.
We left the hotel feeling like we were ripped off. We were not provided the services or facilities we expected or were promised for the fee charged.
Nasty North Haven
Reviewed 10 September, 2021
Very dirty, dirty comforters, hallways all smell and dirty.
No breakfast, fire alarm at 3:00am staff unable to shut it off.
Too bad great location but horrible management.
They just didn’t care.
Place needs to be completely remodeled.
Nightmare in North Haven
Reviewed 22 August, 2021
Given the chance to repeat our stay we would either have slept in the car or driven all night to get to our destination. Just an awful experience. I am a BW member and have stayed in their hotels all over the country. This was just the worst. Stay elsewhere, at least near New Haven.