Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
Opinión escrita el 7 de Agosto de 2019
Impresionante el tamaño del hotel, de dia muy bonito, de noche realmente magico. Hay mucha diferencia entre la parte nueva y la antigua pero incluso esta resulta confortable. Hablare de lo q no me ha gustado : los colchones de muelles y la decoracion de las habitaciones antiguas que necesitan una renovacion. Por el contrario el restaurante es estupendo, la comida muy buena, variada bien ptesentada. El comedor tiene una atmosfera elegante para ser un hotel de playa sobre todo las dos terrazas. El interior es un poco mas ruidoso porque tiene mesas grandes para familias. El servicio es estupendo. Giorgos el maitre tiene un saludo y una palabra amable para cada cliente y no quiero olvidarme de Alain, encantador, educadisimo y super profesional, no desentonaria en ningun restaurante de categoria.
El cocinero siempre pendiente del resultado de su trabajo ordenando, recolocando...con tanto interes el resultado no puede ser menos que fantastico.
La playa esta a un paseo largo del hotel pero merece mucho la pena porque el agua esta limpisima, caliente y el fondo es de arena sin piedras ni algas.
Es una delicia pasear de noche por los jardines del hotel, por las enormes piscinas iluminadas o entre los silenciosos edificios, alguno arquitectonicamente fabuloso, integrados en la naturaleza.
Un placer para los sentidos
Opinión escrita el 20 de Agosto de 2014
Las instalaciones del hotel están muy bien. Nos alojamos en una junior suite con jardín privado y tanto la habitación como el jardín eran amplísimos. Todo muy limpio. Wi-fi en la sala y habitación. El personal muy atento y servicial. En la piscina siempre hay sitio y las hamacas son cómodas. Servicio de toallas gratuito, así como la limpieza de las mismas. Los jardínes muy bien cuidados.
Sólo un pero, el menú del comedor muy repetitivo, pasta, pasta y pasta...de diferentes modos pero pasta al fin y al cabo. La cocina en vivo un poco pobre para la categoría del hotel. Poco pescado a la plancha estando al lado del mar. Por lo demás, todo está rico y el buffet muy limpio. Ampliaría la hora de la cena ya que a las 9 cerraba el comedor y en verano es un poco pronto.
Nos dio pena no haber usado mucho las instalaciones del hotel porque Cefalonia tiene mucho que ver y las distancias son grandes. Siempre llegabamos justito para cenar.
Felicidades por el hotel.
Not 5 star not 3 star
Opinión escrita el 3 de Agosto de 2021
Before I start this review we have visited Greece many many times and are not people who expect the world. But this hotel has left me wanting to return home after 1 day. Room is tired and the block run down, we asked to be moved but we’re told no. The balcony is overrun with ants and when we asked for tea and coffee making facilities ( that were listed in are booking) again we’re told NO. We don’t even have a drinking glass to give the children a drink of water.
Moving on to the hotel, it seems half shut down, the info sheet they gave us stated times things were open is useless, abs there is 0 entertainment. The shop is yet to open and the Al cart restaurants are don’t seem to open also.
Please don’t let this put you of Greece but do not book this hotel has if you want a 4 or 5 start experience.
Disapointed! What has happend to this earlier welcoming place?
Opinión escrita el 28 de Julio de 2021
This was our 7. time at the Apollonion, and I cant tell how disapointed we are this time. The rooms were big and spaceous as always, but we did not feel welcome at all. The resepsjonist only stressed about masks, vaccine, testing and payment, and dident tell about the all invlusive (first time for all inclusive for us, and it was not value for money at all) where to find breakfast and other practical things. The breakfast seating was a chaos, several times they dident dress the table we were shown to, and they were all over not welcoming. For lunch and Dinner it was even worse. The all inclusive was limited, and we were only served drinks once. One time we only got water. In addition they did not clean the room for tree of the ten days stay. Of course we complaied, and all we got was a bottle of wine and fruits to the room and a explanation about how this is a difficult year for them. We understand that it could be difficult, ant that they have to save where they can, but they should not have saved on the smiles…
Awful experience, not 5* worthy
Opinión escrita el 26 de Julio de 2021
What an awful experience. This is my fourth time in this hotel, however this will definitely be my last.
It started the day we arrived: our bathroom sink was full of ants, there were stains on the floor and bed sheet and the door knob fell off the bathroom door as soon as I opened the door (see photos). Furthermore, the room was very small and crowded (we have a small child with us) and our view was the parking lot. It gave a real motel vibe. Not the arrival at a 5* hotel that I’ve expected. I contacted the reception immediately and she told me that no one was available at the moment (we arrived at 1 am) and that this will be handled the next morning after breakfast. We went to bed very disappointed.
The next morning I called the reception again and I was told we were getting a different room. I asked her if there was any compensation for the fact that we had to go to so much trouble (arriving in an awful room and switching rooms with luggages and a small child is HIGHLY inconvenient) and the answer was so disappointing. I felt no empathy from the receptionist for our situation and she even gave me the feeling that I was nagging. Tell me how ants, stains and falling door knobs are normal in a 5* hotel? I asked her if the room was an upgrade and after a bit of hesitation she reassured me it was.
After a few hours (!!) we were escorted to our new room and it was OK. It really isn’t an upgrade if it’s the same type of room you’ve initially booked, just without the ants/stains/falling door knob. Why couldn’t they give us this room in the first place? Why couldn’t we get an ACTUAL upgrade, considering the trouble we had to go through and I have been in this hotel THREE times before? Especially since they give upgrades in more minor cases, as previous reviews tell us. Very, very disappointing.
But the bad experience doesn’t end here. There are a LOT of shortcomings in this hotel which weren’t here before (I stayed in this hotel in 2012, 2013 and 2014):
- The hotel is extremely understaffed. This is most noticeable during dinner, during which we had to wait so long to order our drinks, for our drinks to arrive and for our tables to be cleaned. And looking at the other tables we noticed we weren’t the only one having this issue.
- We’ve been here for a week and I had to call the reception for our rooms to be cleaned SEVERAL times. How is this possible? I specifically asked during check in for our rooms to be cleaned DAILY (which is the norm in every 5* hotel), but this is the third day in which I had to call the reception in the evening at 9pm because our rooms haven’t been cleaned. The receptionist told me that they only had 1 cleaner at the moment. What?! And how is that my problem?
- The food is so disappointing this year and definitely not 5* worthy. Breakfast is literally the same every day and the quality is not so good. I even saw that the crepes/pancakes that they serve is pre packed! The chef took it out of a plastic bag and just tossed it in the pan. Tell me how this is 5* worthy? It makes you wonder which products that they serve are prepacked as well.
- There is no real pool bar in the Asterias side. You can only order drinks (refreshments and cocktails) and prepacked sandwiches in two different flavors. For a 5* hotel I expect fresh smoothies, shakes and good food being brought to you at the pool. This was the case when I was here before in 2012/2013/2014. I truly don’t know why they don’t offer this anymore. Again, very disappointing.
- The towel service doesn’t make any sense. You need to go all the way to the reception - which is like a 10 minute walk from the asterias pool - to change your towels. Why don’t they just offer this service at the pool? Highly inconvenient for the customers.
Honestly, I could go on and on about the negative aspects, which are a lot, but then I could go on until tomorrow. The conclusion is: this hotel has lost it’s magic and luxury it was so famous for. Definitely not 5* worthy and they do not know how to treat their loyal customers who have been here THREE times before. A real shame, because Kefalonia is beautiful. Guess I will have to look for another accommodation on this beautiful island.