Incredibly negative, Melissa from the poolside bar
Reviewed 15 September, 2021
To be honest this could easily have been a 3-4 star saying if it weren’t for some particular bar staff making my experience terribly unpleasant. Namely Melissa at the poolside bar, perhaps her interactions with guests should be kept to a minimum if she is going to outwardly laugh in their faces.
Other staff at the reception and in the restaurant are lovely.
The facilities are great and close to everything cultural that Paphos has to offer. There are also regular bus services, although there’s no timetable.
The pools are 10/10
Reviewed 1 September, 2021
Booked family trip here for 7 nights all inclusive. Really friendly staff especially George the restaurant manger. Food is good. Just one Buffett restaurant but different options at dinners with theme nights... lots of healthy options too. Rooms are nice and are of much better quality than you would usually expect of a package deal of this type- same with communal areas. The pools are the best aspect of hotel- really clean and lots for kids to do with a little water park. 2 big pools one more aimed at kids and one more for adults. 2 smaller pools too. Water is warm. Only downside is view from room is not great if you don’t have a pool view room so try and get pool view! Would definitely return.
Ignore the negatives from others, this is a great hotel.
Reviewed 31 August, 2021
Just returned from an 8 night stay here and was everything that we needed and expected.
From the moment we arrived (22:30 on the 19th) the staff were very accommodating and made sure we felt very welcome. We stayed in room 5331 which is a two bed apartment, which had more than enough room for the 5 of us. Two adults and 13, 11 and 7 year old children.
The food and drink were plentiful and very good quality. The evening meals were different each day and there was always something delicious to eat. George in the restaurant was excellent. My children really enjoyed his personable approach and he made everyone feel comfortable. Saying that, all staff across the whole of the hotel were excellent. Assistance was always available, whether it be the cleaners, bar staff, restaurant staff or reception staff.
At one point, we noticed that sun beds were being reserved the night before but this was dealt with straight away. I loved the way that people came down to soaking wet towels no longer on sunbeds.
Thank you so much for all you did to help us enjoy this well needed break. See you again soon.
Could do better
Reviewed 30 August, 2021
Having just returned from a week at the Mayfair hotel, this is my view of the hotel. Starting with the negative:
1. The housekeeping of the room is poor, I do not and did not need the room cleaned everyday, I am capable of making a bed. The dirty towels were replaced but they left the dirty towels in the bathroom for the whole week. They failed to replace the dirty cups for two days, these are simple straight forward tasks.
2. The food, not sure where the chefs get the idea that fishmongers are fishcakes shaped like fish fingers, totally misleading. Whilst yes there was plenty of choice it was not of quality. I have a fussy 6 year old and there was only one evening she could eat there so we didn't bother and ate out for 5 nights out of the 7. I will state that the food was not to our taste,. Another note to the chefs a what looked like a small fried sausage which was a fried mini hotdogs, this is not an English sausage and obviously the chef has never tasted an English sausage so please label food correctly.
3. Staff in the restaurant clearing the tables do work hard, however the female greater at the door in the morning, need to remember we are paying customers and without they would not have a hob. It is not very welcoming when they give you the feeling you are an inconvenience. If you don't like your role either change it or get a job somewhere else which is not customer facing. Customer service training here maybe of help.
4. Drinks are served in a plastic cup and my only negative to this is they are ot environmental friendly and I would have preferred paperclips. As the bars are by the pool it's thumbs up for the safety aspect of this. The drinks themselves weren't bad however the juices did taste like what you got as a child made from serbet.
5. A little bit attention to detail wou,d help improve this hotel. The room we had was a so called suite, I suppose I have been spoilt with suites in the US, it was hugand a plus it did have a fridge. The downside is that the room was tired, the curtain in the bedroom was hanging off the rail, yes I could have reported it but this should have been picked up by housekeeping and reported and fixed before we got to the room. The hotel safe you have to pay for, which is a first for me I've never been to a hotel where you have to pay, this is naughty given the price already paid to stay there.
6. There was a hole in the bathroom door where someone has opened it with force and its been damaged by the towel rail, again this should have been repaired and some new grout on the bathroom tiles would freshen the bathroom up.
7. The sun loungers need to be thrown out and new ones bought, they are the out uncomfortable things to actually try and relax on, half the time it feels like your sitting on the actual metal.
8. Broken furniture by the pool should be removed and disposed of, this doesn't take a lot to do, it's just lazyness.
1. The reception staff are friendly and helpful, especially the English lady with the light brown hair sorry I don't know her name.
2. The pools, once you get a bed are a great place to relax (if you can get comfortableon it, see one above). The mini water park was loved by the little one, and it was great to see the kids scream with delight when the water is turned on just after 10. That brought a smile to my face every time.
3. The shower whilst basic was really really good, hot water always available and the pressure as outstanding.
In summary this hotel I would rate at a 2 star with the current issues, and could quite easily go to a 3rd star without significant cost. It isn't the type of hotel we would usually go to but for £1800 for 3 of us for 7 nights I did expect a bit better. The hotel is in a quiet what I would say residential area so not much to do unless you do like walking but it was really too hot to walk anywhere. Taxi are plentiful and prices appear to be 7 to 10 euros . We did see the buses regularly but we didn't use them, again because it was to hot for us to do much more the chill which is what this holiday was for. I wish I'd paid a bit more money and stayed in a more luxurious hotel given what we paid for this one. I will never stay here again unless it got a decent renovation. Great for kids whom like the pool and aren't fussy eaters. I can't comment on the evening entertainment as by the time we cam back to the hotel after eating out, we only caught the tail end which from what I heard was very poor. One last thing I'd love to know where this so called kids club was that was advertised in the hotel lobby!!!
It provides a service
Reviewed 30 August, 2021
I wasn't expecting much from this gaff as its not normally a place we'd stop in if not for our grandbairn. However for our grandbairn we made an exception, this won't happen again. The saving grace of the Mayfair was the little kids waterpark pool and the lovely ex pat lady on reception who was really helpful that is the perks done and dusted with. Room clearly liveable however there is those little bits of attention to detail from management that could actually make the rooms a winner. We booked all inclusive and ate out 5 of 7, the food over all 3 meals was pretty,no sorry really poor. I've eaten boil in a bag over a sustained period of more than 3 months and it was nicer than the presented grub last week. I'd like too say the staff were nice but for it just seemed like a chore having to do something for you as a paying customer less the lovely lady mentioned earlier. We choose the hotel based on our grandbairns likes, a couple of pools. I can guarantee there are probably better options out there. Bodyswerve the gaff.