Nice hotel and staff
Reviewed 4 October, 2020
We stayed here the week after Christmas 2019, the hotel is very clean and staff was very nice. Rooms were standard and view from our room overlooking downtown Paris. We used Bonvoy points and booked four nights and go the fifth night free. The hotel is a bit aways from the major attractions of Paris but a short subway ride will get you to the center of all the tourist hot spots.
Dated hotel, not to the standards of Marriott management
Reviewed 3 February, 2020
I stayed there for one night. They assigned me to an upgraded room, for which I was happy first. But I do wish that I could get a normal but functioning room. The room that I was assigned to... Hmmm... Where do I start... Sink clogged...pubic hair on the toilet seat, sooo gross.... . Bed, someone laid on it , or worse (I could see the indent.) Because it was late at night and when I told this to the night manager, he did not do anything about it, other than giving me extra tea (a nice person, but this is not what I expect from Marriott.) So I slept into the couch, hoping it was cleaner. At check out I also reported this, to which the only reply I got was "sorry."... I stayed in many Marriott hotels around the world, but this was a first... They can learn a thing or two about customer service from Hyatt, which is a comparable company with consistently better service.
Very friendly staff
Reviewed 30 December, 2019
We came here for few days to visit family but wanted to make sure we have a place to relax for my parents as well. We booked by mistake the wrong departure date. The GM (Arthur) helped out ans took care of everything. Rooms are clean and the staff very professional.
Reviewed 30 November, 2019
Recently (Nov 2019) I stayed for 4 nights at the AC hotel in Paris and would like to share with all my personal experience as this was my biggest disappointment from any hotel of the Bonvoy hotels (I’m travelling a lot and using hotels very often).
The hotel is a 4 stars hotel, charging more than 300 euro per night and in my view, you do not get anything near the value of the money.
Will start with the positive points as its very short:
1. There is an espresso machine in the room
2. The room size is comfortable (I was upgraded to the superior room)
3. The Metro station is less than 10 minutes walking from the hotel
On the other side, the disappointments are a long list:
Starting with the room:
1. During the period that I stayed at the hotel (4 nights), I got only once, a single time, a complimentary 200 ml bottle of water.
2. The refrigerator is empty, nothing in the mini bar
3. Even that you get an espresso machine in the room, there are no cups, only 2 disposable paper cups that are mostly used for take away. Do not think that this is the cup to be used in the room.
4. The TV size is nice, but, within all of the TV channels, there is not even a single channel with English movies, all French, Russian, German and Italian.
5. There is a small closet in the room, but if one has a long coat, it cannot fit into the closet as the closet is too short and it causes the coat to be on the closet floor
6. I turned the air condition to the max heat as it was freezing out side (2-7 degrees) but the room was cold. I asked the reception to check it, but that didn’t help and the room temperature was so cold that had to be with a light coat while being in the room. Actually, I caught a fever during this trip. I cannot say that its due to the room temp, but for sure it didn’t help
Following with the bathroom:
1. The design of the shower is really not practical. The shower has only a single fixed half door that is half size of the shower entrance, meaning that every shower that one takes, the bathroom floor is totally flooded with water and nothing you can do about it, everything gets wet
2. The shampoo which is provided in the bathroom, looks to me like very low quality. It leaves the hair as if it was washed with soap and not with shampoo. More than that, they do not provide any hair conditioner
3. In the first day that was there, I had in the bathroom a small package with only 2 cotton tips for the ears. In none of the other days got any others after using the first 2 tips.
1. In my eyes, the breakfast is very poor, even compared to the nearby 4 stars hotels like the Le Meridian and the Hyatt Regency which I stayed in the past. It looks more like a 2 stars hotel buffet.
2. At the evening, the hotel offers a dinner at the bar, but, the hotel doesn’t have a kitchen or a chef and they just bring the food in some plastic cans to the hotel, serving it nicely in plats. At least they warn you about it before you start your dinner
Think that by reading the above personal experience, its easy now to understand my big disappointment from this hotel and luckily, I never met anything similar in the other Bonvoy hotels.
Hope that someone from the senior hotel management team will read the above and check it personally to re-confirm the above and hopefully change it as for the night price of more than 300 euro’s the expectations are a bit higher.
As of now, for me, as long as will have the choice, this was the last time of reserving this hotel and for sure that will not recommend it to no one. There are 2 other nearby 4 stars hotels (Le Meridian and Hyatt), which are by far offering better stay with them at the same pricing level.