Reviewed 14 September, 2021
Tiki Villas exceeded my expectations. We loved everything about it, that’s already been said in previous reviews: the location, the view, nature (saw monkeys and tucans), breakfast was delicious (about 5 hearty options to choose from), the pool… basically all of it. The room is very spacious with a well equipped kitchen which we didn’t use because there are SO many great restaurants to choose from in Uvita, Ojochal and Dominical (will be posting thise reviews as well).
Other pluses: has good parking, spacious rooms, bathroom and closet, safety box.
Don’t miss it!
A Visit to the Pacific
Reviewed 4 September, 2021
This was my first trip to the Pacific, and I was not disappointed. We stayed at Tiki Villas in Uvita. The rooms are clean and roomy with a small kitchenette. They even have AC. The complimentary breakfasts at the restaurant were a nice touch with a warm and gracious staff. Views of the beach and wildlife were amazing. Definitely on my list to revisit!
Reviewed 31 August, 2021
As Costa Rican resident this place is one of my favorite getaways.
Simple setting, peaceful environment. Perfect place to charge your batteries.
Restaurant with awesome view. Honest and delicious food!
Pretty balanced pros/cons list
Reviewed 10 August, 2021
Stayed for a week in an ocean view villa (#3). The location of our particular villa was the highest up and, probably, the most private--definitely had the best view. The A/C worked great and a floor fan was also provided. The kitchenette was well-stocked (mini fridge, 2 burner plate, Britt espresso pod machine). Walk-in closet was ample sized, especially for the size of the villa. The staff was genuinely friendly and accommodating.
As far as room for improvement:
- The mattresses! OMG, replace these immediately! Hard as rock! I'm typically a side sleeper and woke up feeling like my hips had been punched all night.
- The vertical blinds on the windows were, in poor shape. Some slats were missing/broken, and those that remained didn't turn well and did little to block the light (reminder: it starts to get light out at 5:30 AM)
- They were consistency booked/fairly busy during our stay, but there was ONE employee running the bar/food service AND the reception desk at any given point in time. Major KUDOS to Gabriel and Gerald for basically individually running the whole place during their shift!
- Not much that can be done about this one, but FYI the pool is SMALL and the lounging/deck space around the pool is minimal. Also, there are really no "grounds" to speak of. So, there just isn't much space if you just want to hang out at the property.
- The shower water pressure was constantly a battle to get more than a trickle. The outdoor showers are a nice touch, but it diverts the water from the indoor shower. Not a biggie, but no option for a couple to shower at once.
- Again, not much that can be done about this one, but the road/truck noise is very noticeable--even inside our highest-up villa with the windows/doors closed.
Wished the service was as nice as the place.
Reviewed 26 July, 2021
Really nice place. Well kept, lovely gardens and amazing location. Rooms are spacious and both showers are super nice. Rooms where clean. Restaurant and swimming pool are very nice. We did not ran into other guests very much so it feels very private and peaceful. We saw monkeys. Birds and butterflies from our deck.
Staff except Adrian, are snappy and seem uneasy around guests there is room for improvement in making guests feel welcomed and in the manner guests are addressed.
Otherwise it's an awesome getaway.