A Quick Escape from COVID
Reviewed 27 September, 2020
Despite years of Punta Bulata's presence, this was our first trip to the resort...and I fell in love with it in a heartbeat. 😍😍😍
I hereby deem thee: the Shangrila Boracay of our Negros Occidental. 😆😁
For those who dream of beach weddings, this is THE place for you.
What I Loved:
- The most amazzzzinggg customer service. The customer experience, from booking to departure, was unlike any other accommodations we have been to. Highlights:
* Smooth, 5-star professionalism on the phone, proactive sms reminders and check-ins from their manager. Simply unexpected from a local resort.
* Welcome notes upon arrival and thank you notes during departure. Albeit just handwritten on a board, had an impact.
* Upon check-in, I inquired if they had a cake and regretfully they didn't. During dinner time, the crew surrounded our table and sang 'happy birthday' and surprised us with a dessert with a lit candle. Nobody told them it was my birthday but based on my inquiry, they checked my ID, saw my birthdate and cooked the whole thing up at once!
* Upon check out, we saw our bills discounted -- they issued a PWD discount. Puzzled how they knew (we usually have to arm-wrestle establishments for this), they shared they saw Ash's ID and just went ahead with it.
Businesses really need to realize the impact of customer service. It is a game-changer. Kudos to the management for hiring passionate people and training them well.
- Small, secluded, a lot of peace and quiet. I'm not sure if this is the usual but because of the pandemic, they operated less than capacity (a room also needs to be vacant for 24 hours before the next occupancy) so we only encountered 2 other families during our stay. The place felt really private and its just serenity all over.
- The beach, the view and meals by the sea. Low tide is IG time and high tide is bathing time. Hermits crabs abound and kept the kids busy. They have lovely cottages by the seashore.
Not a fan of:
- Mosquitos and geckos 🦎 everywhere once the sun is down (but what did I expect? this is, after all, a nature trip duh). They lay claim on the area and blend in with the artwork (see in photos) so beware.
- Food is either a total hit or a complete miss. The bacon breakfast was the best one Kk had and the pizza was divine, but the spareribs and the honey chicken are just weird, for example.
Punta Bulata is pricey, I must admit, but so worth every penny that I'd save up all over again to be back. (They were running a promo at that time and their safety measures seemed impressive so we gave it a go.)
P.S. I do not speak for my other family members. The wifi never worked there, and I know 99% of their review depend on this. 😂😂😂
Gorgeous and peaceful private beach, fun excursions, excellent service
Reviewed 30 June, 2020
My family and I visited Punta Bulata resort just after it opened following the lockdown. Although they had a skeletal staff, we couldn't tell. The service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was delicious. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I stayed in one of the beach cabanas with my husband and two young children, and it was perfect for us. Their infinity pool is lovely and they have several hammocks to relax in and also a spa. We took a boat excursion over to Danjugan Island to hike and snorkel, and we saw all kinds of corals and fish and giant clams, and a sea turtle nest and a bat cave. Our guide was very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about the nature and wildlife of the island. It takes 3-4 hours to drive there from Bacolod, but as long as you stay a couple of nights, it is totally worth the drive. It is a real treasure on Negros Island and I highly recommend it!
Punta Bulata beach and resort. Fantastic location with great food. Quite remote location. Good for friends vacation.
Reviewed 17 May, 2020
very nice and peaceful place, great for rest. great food. Quite remote location. Good for friends vacation. Turtle rock in the water. Stunning views, hot great weather. White beach sand. Quite remote location.
Great place, great staff
Reviewed 13 February, 2020
Perfect place to relax and unwind. The place is quiet and peaceful. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary here. Felt bad that we only stayed for 2 days, we needed to go back to Manila for an appointment. I literally wanted to cry. Hope to be back soon. They upgraded our room because we were the only guests that day! Jamella the manager said we owned the place! Shes a great manager, the place is clean, great staff, great food! Norlyn, Glen, Vanessa, Almira and our most favorite Catherine are nice. Everyone is! Thank you guys for taking care of us! Keep up the great great job!! 100/100.
Reviewed 17 January, 2020
Amazing place to relax in middle of the nature. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms beautiful. The whole place has an amazing view and offers breathtaking sunsets. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Food is very good. It’s definitely worth staying here if you are looking to unwind and enjoy nature. You can go diving, kayaking and enjoy their beautiful pool. Definitely recommend it!