- Discover the hidden archaeological treasures of Altamura
- Visit an ancient oven and learn all about Altamura's product of excellence: DOP bread
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
Altamura, also called 'Leonessa di Puglia', was built by Frederick II and hides many treasures and important archaeological discoveries, such as megalithic walls, the man of Altamura, and even the footsteps of dinosaurs!In the historic center of Altamura, you'll find The Frederick Cathedral (the only religious building wanted by Emperor Frederick I...
- Entrance fees, Guided walking tour, Pet friendly
- Instant confirmation Guided Tour Kids go free Subject expert guide COVID-19 information: There is a limit number of visitors, Government regulations compliant Where: Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption, Corso Federico II di Svevia, Altamura, Metropolitan City of Bari, Italy Meeting point: Meet your guide at the opposite cathedral entrance. What to remember: Please select the tour's language in the adult option while bookingComfortable shoes and comfortable clothing are recommendedThis tour is not suitable for people with walking disabilitiesThe fee includes entrance to the ancient oven
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.