Grab a hard hat and ride a real mine cart to where the Canadian sun doesn't shine, with an underground adventure at the Britannia Mine Museum. Follow the footsteps of Canada's brave miners and explore a tunnel carved into the rugged rocks of Howe Sound.
- * Admission to Britannia Mine Museum
- * Access to interactive and historical exhibits
- * Up-close viewing of rare & unique gems
- * Panning for real gold
- * Underground guided tour in a mine train, 30 minutes
- * Access to BOOM! Live Show Experience (15 minutes)
- * Gratuities (optional)
- * Only assistance dogs allowed * Under-15s must be with a guardian 18+ * Underground is cool year round, a jacket is useful even in summer Underground tours: * By BC Mines Act, hardhats are compulsory underground and must be worn at all times. You may need to hold it over the child's head * On busy days, the museum reserves the right to regulate the kids-to-adults ratio of each tour * If you feel you must leave the tour with your child, your guide will tell you when it's appropriate to do so and how to exit the tunnel * No alcohol is permitted underground * Underground tour not suitable for impaired visitors * Short duration of loud noises – parents with infants may choose to skip this portion. Ear protection is available * Warm clothes recommended * Kids under 5 get in free * No impaired persons are allowed underground * Show your smartphone ticket and a valid ID at the entrance * Guided underground tour starts 30 min after your admission time * Late arrivals will be accommodated on the next available tour * Please note: There is no guarantee that you can get in on the same day if you are late * Closing times may vary. Please check the [schedule](https://www.https://www.britanniaminemuseum.ca/) before visiting * Smoking is not permitted * Photos and videos are personal use only * Hard hats are to be worn at all times underground * During the underground demonstrations, there are short durations of loud noises (ear protection is available) * Please allow extra time to drive to the museum. Weekends and summer days bring lots of traffic to the Sea to Sky Highway
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.