The 12th-century Thoronet Abbey came to represent the ultra-pious spirit of the Cistercian order, stipping away all distractions to keep the mind pure. Now, filled with history and perfectly austere design, a visit to this living museum is a fascinating insight into a forgotten way of life.
- * Entrance to Le Thoronet Abbey
- * Guided tour (45 minutes, limited capacity, please call the venue beforehand to know about the schedule and language of the tour)
- * Audio guide (available at the entrance in English, French, German, Italian)
- * Oct-Mar: closed 13:00-14:00 * Items exceeding 55x35x20cm and animals not permitted Getting There: * From Aix-en-Provence: A 8, exit 35 Le Cannet des Maures or N 7 to Cannet des Maures, then D 79 to l'Abbaye du Thoronet * From Cannes: A 8, exit Cannet-des-Maures, N 7 to Fréjus, then D 17 to Abbaye du Thoronet * Free 1st Sun of Nov-Mar * Free: 0-18, EU citizens/French residents 18-25, disabled visitors+carer, jobseekers (proof no older than 6 months), ICOM On the day of your visit, please show your Tiqets' smartphone ticket at the entrance. * Please make sure to download your smartphone ticket before going to the venue, as there's no WiFi onsite and mobile coverage is quite poor
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.