Ever wondered how glaciers are formed? Venture into the icy heart of one and find out at Perlan Museum! Travel through sub-zero tunnels, discover the endangered ecosystems of these frozen monoliths, and get unbeatable 360° views of the real thing from the observation deck!
- * Wonders of Iceland exhibition, including access to a real indoor ice cave
- * The Water in Icelandic Nature exhibition
- * Áróra - Northern Lights Planetarium Show
- * Access to the 360° observation deck
- * The temperature in the ice cave is -10°C, so warm clothes are needed. Ponchos will be provided * Last admission: 1 hour before closing Kids under 6 get in free, but need a free ticket. Show your ticket at the reception desk. Getting there: Bus: Take bus line 18 from Hlemmur to Perlan stop. From there it's a 6-minute walk Walk: it takes 20-40 minutes to walk from downtown Reykjavík to the museum Car: it takes 5-10 minutes from downtown Reykjavík to the museum. Free parking onsite
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.