Take a guided tour of Rome's Jewish ghetto accompanied by a guide who was born and raised in Rome's Jewish community.
Learn about the history of Rome's ghetto, from its origins as a prison quarter to its abolition in the 19th century.
The history of the Jewish community in Rome, as in many European cities, is marked by persecution. This tour of Rome's ghetto will take you on a journey through almost 500 years of history of this Tiber-side settlement and its community. Retrace the history of the ghetto: the Jewish badges, the segregation ordered by Pope Paul IV, the demolition o...
- Walking Tour Multimedia Video
- Entrance fee
- Drop off at the hotel
- Pick-up available from the hotel
- Entrance to the Synagogue
- Please note that your voucher is not the ticket. Redeem your voucher at the TOURISTATION OFFICE before visiting the attraction. Please be informed that all guests and staff are required to wear masks and conduct mandatory temperature screening before entry.
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.
- Gathering place:
- Next to Piazza Venezia. Facing the Vittorio Emanuele Building, keep walking on the right hand side, cross the bus stop and the gardens. There is a small fountain in front of the office. Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the Tour start time.
Piazza Aracoeli, 16