Voted Best Silicon Valley Museum by Metro San Jose, it's a must visit! The staff offers facilitated experiences like the BioTinkering Lab as well as hands-on experiences in genetics, earth sciences, alternative energy, virtual design, and lots more. It's also home to the largest IMAX Dome Theater west of the Mississippi, which plays a variety of ...
- * General admission to The Tech Interactive
- * Access to all exhibits
- * One IMAX educational film ticket
- * Additional educational IMAX film tickets or admission to IMAX feature films
- * Visitors typically spend 2-3 hours at this venue * Lockers are available for 50 cents, but no coat check * Strollers and service animals allowed * Arrive during the last hour, before closing, and receive a discounted rate on a general admission ticket * Discounts offered on-site on general admission tickets for low-income families (up to six people) * Free: active US military & veterans with ID (discounts for family members), kids 0-2 * Sensory-friendly discount offered to families for a quieter visit. Check the venue website * Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the Guest Services desk in the lobby * You may enter at the next available timeslot upon arrival * IMAX tickets can be purchased on-site (subject to availability) * Food and drinks may be consumed in the lobby and IMAX Dome Theater, but not in the galleries * IMAX tickets can be purchased at The Tech Interactive (based on availability) Parking: * San Jose McEnery Convention Center: 150 W. San Carlos St., entrance on Almaden Boulevard between San Carlos and Balbach streets * 2nd and San Carlos Garage, 280 S. 2nd St * Weekday and weekend validation for a $5 flat rate. Bring your parking ticket to The Tech Interactive for validation
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.