Métis Crossing is a place for Métis people to share this distinct indigenous story with the world, and a place for everyone to reflect and reconnect with their own personal story. Sitting on 688-acres of land, comprised of river lot titles from the original Métis settlers to the region in the late 1800s, The Crossing is designed to engage and exci...
- * General admission to Métis Crossing Cultural Centre and grounds
- * Access to crosscountry ski and snowshoeing trails (rentals available onsite)
- * Access to Métis river lot, farmyard, nature trails, and wildlife paddocks
- * Ski and snowshoe rentals
- * Signature experiences
- * Art workshops
- * Expect an outdoor experience and dress accordingly * Wear footwear for dirty or messy outdoor activities * Métis Crossing is located 1.5 hours northeast of Edmonton, just 10 minutes South of Smoky Lake on the Victoria Trail Children under 5 can enter for free but require a ticket. Show your mobile ticket to the admissions team upon arrival at the Cultural Centre. * Métis Crossing is open year round * Onsite restaurant and bistro available * If you plan to cross country ski or snowshoe, it is recommended to check the weather and trail conditions in advance of your visit
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.