The largest anthropological museum in Austria is back – and bigger and better than ever before! After a three-year renovation, the Weltmuseum Wien has opened its doors again, with over 400,000 fascinating ethnographical and archaeological objects beautifully arranged across 14 galleries. Get ready to dive into history and dig up a perfect day out.
- * Access to the Weltmuseum (collection and exhibitions)
- * Imperial Armoury of the Kunsthistorisches Museum
- * Guided tour (available at an extra cost)
- **How to get there using public transportation** * Subway U3: station Volkstheater (exit “Ring”) * Tram number D, 1, 2, 71 to Burgring station or 46, 49 to Dr.-Karl-Renner-Ring station * Bus number 48A to Dr.-Karl-Renner-Ring or station 57A to Burgring station * Guests under the age of 19 can go in for free, no ticket needed * Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult * Skip the lines and show your smartphone ticket at the final entrance * The availability of temporary exhibition The Aztecs cannot be guaranteed. Please request a timeslot at the cash desk upon arrival
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.