Avaliação dos hóspedes
Pontuação dos viajantes
Perfil dos viajantes
Viagem a sós
Viagem com amigos
Resumo das pontuações
Qualidade do sono
Wonderful "leap" birthday experience and our dogs got to join us too!
Avaliou em 3 de Março de 2020
This was a first experience visiting the town of Mendocino and staying in a B & B with our dogs. Now mind you, it's 2 German Shepherds, one of which is still a huge pup, so these are 2 seriously large boys. They did great! Jessica did a fantastic job of making us feel welcome and had dog treats in hand to win over our 2 buddies. We stayed in the Grandma's Attic room on the first floor and it worked out perfectly. It's right next to the common area which we had mostly to ourselves. The bed is comfy, sheets are fresh and the towels are soft. We brought the dogs bedding so they were very content. FYI: there is a dog park very close by that came in very handy for those late night walks. The dogs are not allowed in the dining area so they spent their time resting in the car while we ate a delicious breakfast. Jessica did an outstanding job of feeding us and making sure we didn't leave the breakfast table hungry. I was thrilled to have frittata along with fresh fruit and local bread. We enjoy the B & B atmosphere and hearing other people's stories and adventures. Overall, the place was an excellent fit for us and we will go back. And if you don't travel with dogs? It's still a wonderful place to stay. Staff are welcoming and knowledgeable. The village is friendly and the bluffs and beaches are incredible. And there is no shortage of places to eat. Nicholson House Inn took excellent care of us!
Lovely little B&B
Avaliou em 28 de Agosto de 2019
This old family home built in 1903 makes for a charming B&B. I was there for 2 nights in August (end of summer) by myself and I got 'the forest room' - the room and bathroom was clean, the beds were very comfortable and overall the my stay was uneventful. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The good -
* Location - it is in the heart of town and everything within Mendocino is walking distance.
* Rooms - charming, clean and comfortable. The room was cozy for 2 people.
* Fresh fruit for breakfast!
The not-so-good -
* This is an older property and comes with some obvious limitations - like the stairs to the upstairs room are a little narrow and steep so you will have to carry your bags up a little carefully. Also the power outlets are in some awkward corners so charging devices need to simply be left on the floor and nowhere near the bed (so you can't leave your phone for charging while you sleep if you also use it for your alarm).
* Only one of the rooms has an outdoor seating spot which is such a shame given how gorgeous it is outside. The windows in my room looked out on to the street which was not ideal either.. but since I was there on a Sunday the lady kindly allowed me to use the outdoor seating area of the other room because it was unoccupied. If you want to sit back and chill in the sun at the inn, there's no place to do so.
* Sadly, I was not a fan of the breakfast. It was just a little too fancy for me. If I have to figure out what is in those lovely little souffle bowls before my morning dose of caffeine kicks in - it is too much effort. So I ended up having a bagel every morning. I wish there was a simpler eggs and toast or plain ol' non-fancy cereal option to go with it.
* Breakfast is served next door in the office which is a standalone building maybe less than 50-paces from the inn. There is no tea/coffee option in the rooms or at the inn itself which means the very first thing in the morning you need to make yourself presentable and put on your layers so you can tromp over and get your morning coffee.
* It is expensive.
In short, this was a lovely comfortable inn but may not be ideal if you're a super lazy vacationer like me.
Avaliou em 20 de Março de 2019
I was surprised when this Valentines getaway was planned by my wife to the Nicholson Inn. It is a great location in Little Mendo and walking distance to everything. We had the whole place to ourselves as we watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and sipped North Coast wine. A memorable weekend for sure!
Avaliou em 26 de Julho de 2018
Just came back from staying at Nicholson inn
Pro: location. Can walk to resturants and shops.
Breakfast. A full cooked breakfast was served. Yummy!
Room. Nice comfortable room n bed
Large hot tub at the spa includeed
Con: Room. PAPER THIN WALLS! Could hear next room talking. And hear people
walking up the stairs from our upstairs room.
The bottom bed sheets had pilling ( sheets old ).
Ruff bath towels. ( did they forget the fabric softener? )
Shower curtain smelled which made the bathroom smell, needed
changing ( wash).
Other than the walls. Just small things that needed and can be changed to make it a 5 star place.
Great B & B
Avaliou em 14 de Janeiro de 2018
This is a classic Mendocino house converted into a small bed and breakfast. We stayed in the Grandma room #2, a small, quiet room with private bathroom. Perfect for our two day stay around Anderson Valley and Coastal beaches, location could not be better, right in the town, you can walk to restaurants, shops, bluffs, Mendocino is a very small town. They offer daily breakfast in the annex to the main house, a good display of items, the frittata was my favorite, bagels and great coffee!! Our host Kurt is a very nice guy, a local that provided us with tips and recommendations.
I would definitely recommend this B&B