- The Inhotim Institute is home to one of the most important collections of contemporary art in Brazil and is considered the largest open-air museum in the world.
- Experiences, villages, trails and waterfalls that delight travelers on the stretch between Diamantina and Ouro Preto along the Cordillera do Espinhaço, a Biosphere Heritage Site.
- A surprising historical-ecological "off-road experience" through the countryside of Minas Gerais
- The Estrada Real is the largest tourist route in the country. It is more than 1,630 kilometers long, passing through Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo
- Breathtaking landscapes await you on the Royal Road
Script highlights: stories and memories permeate every corner of Estrada Real. The paths are rich not only in the stories they tell in books, but in those that are passed on by word of mouth for generations. The Estrada Real paths have been blessed with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Serra do Espinhaço - the only Brazilian mountai...
- The good walks on the trails of Estrada Real with its waterfall baths, certainly sharpen the palate for the variety of menus that are served to our customers: regional dishes, homemade restaurants or more elaborate structures, all guaranteeing a courteous service and good food.
- Trail snacks, with fruits, juices, natural sandwiches, and local products, also occupy a place for success on tours.
- Accommodations on Estrada Real delight those who appreciate nature, peace and tranquility, without neglecting comfort and hospitality. We want visitors to enjoy the best that Minas Gerais has to offer.
- Comfort and adventure are mixed in our activities and it would be different in high standard 4x4 vehicles, according to the demands of the terrain and make up a relaxed and lively differential in this itinerary. Cars are driven by careful and experienced drivers.
- We operate with double cabin trucks that accommodate 4 tourists + 1 guide and also closed trucks that carry 6 tourists + 1 guide. Passengers must rotate their seats in rotation. This information is important at the time of purchase to avoid embarrassment and frustration during the tour.
- Accommodations: Hotels are provided, subject to availability and change, maintaining the same standard.
- The order of tours can be changed according to local logistics.
- The above schedule may change due to weather, access or other factors that the local receptionist deems may interfere with the safety or well-being of travelers.
- Baggage: this is a trip where we carry light weight, to wear sneakers, comfortable clothes and little luggage. The most suitable type of suitcase are backpacks or flexible bags. We ask you to avoid large suitcases and wheels to facilitate transport along the route. If you have something other than that to take in the car, check availability beforehand because of the limited space in the luggage compartment.
- Estrada Real is a region of roads and trails that are difficult to access and that in certain situations may require the use of third-party vehicles for support in the event of breakage or unavailability of Oikos vehicles. This type of situation can take time and lead to delays.
- What to bring: Trekking boots or sneakers are a must. For some trails, guides recommend long pants. A walking stick is also always welcome. In the backpack: water, hat, repellent, sunscreen and blouse to protect from the wind. Between November and January, include a raincoat.
- In general, the climate in Minas is warm and pleasant, making the trip possible throughout the year. In summer, the waterfall baths are invigorating but it can rain. Winter is dry and the sky is incredibly blue but the waters are even colder and temperatures can drop a lot. Get ready for a trip where we can come across the 4 seasons of the year!
- We always try to alternate heavier trails (such as the Tabuleiro waterfall above) with lighter programs (such as a trip to the Sanctuary of Mineral Waters in Cabeça de Boi) and always in the company of a guide!
- Useful information: Give advance notice of dietary restrictions; The local voltage is 110V; In some locations there is no cell phone signal;
- The main cities on the Way (Diamantina, Serro, Conceição do Mato Dentro, Santa Bárbara, Mariana and Ouro Preto) have branches of the main banks such as: Bradesco, Banco do Brasil, Itaú and Santander
- Children under the age of 18 who are not accompanied by a father and mother must have authorization with a notarized signature from the person who is not present.
- Along the Estrada Real, you get stamps from different cities to fill in your passport and, at the end of the journey, get a certificate for each of the four Paths.
- Pandemic: The use of mask will be done throughout the journey, especially inside the car. We will not ride with the air conditioning on, it will always be with windows open.
- The minimum age to perform this activity is 1 years, so it is necessary to present an official document with a photo to prove the required age.
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.